Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Are you a go getter, positive minded individual who fits the role profile captured below? There is an opportunity for ambitious, self-driven individuals to fill the above position.
Reporting to: Head of Audit
Responsible for leading and conducting investigations of fraud and financial abuse occurring within the Bank. Additionally, the person is responsible for preparing reports, security and investigations team, communicating findings to senior management, human resources, security and legal departments as well as recommending corrective action relating to internal control failures and system breaches in order to mitigate against fraud risk.
- Carrying out investigations in order to prevent, detect, and investigate issues of fraud and financial abuse within the Bank.
- Identify, and clearly define, forensic issues and root causes, recommend improved internal controls and business processes, and ensure that corrective action plans are developed.
- Promote a zero tolerance control environment within the Bank where fraud or noncompliance is unacceptable and difficult to conceal.
- The Forensic Audit Auditor, working with the security team, will lead internal/external resources in an effort to address allegations of fraud raised within the Bank.
- Review forensic audit reports for content and apply proper editing to ensure a professional work product.
- The Forensic Audit Auditor will conduct and lead internal investigations of alleged or suspected violations of criminal law and corporate policies, including theft, fraud, embezzlement, conflict of interest, collusion, kickbacks, and records falsification amongst other irregular transactions.
- Conduct informational and admission seeking type interview.
- Prepare clear, comprehensive and cohesive investigative reports and memoranda in a timely manner.
- Prepare work papers to adequately document investigations performed with supporting evidence for all forensic findings.
- During the investigative process, provide effective recommendations and solutions to the identified issues; ensure business agreement, and follow-through.
- Interface with various levels of the Bank, including Senior Management.
- Provide concise and meaningful updates on forensic audits to Internal Audit Leadership, Senior Management, Human Resources, Security and the Legal team.
- Testify in hearings and criminal trials when necessary.
- Assist in other Special projects as assigned.
- Provide coaching audit team members aimed at facilitating the completion of investigations and developing team members’ investigation skills.
- Carry out investigations into financial crimes and breaches in Anti – Money Laundering Laws and Regulations.
- Conduct trainings within the Bank on fraud risk assessment, detection and preventionResponsible for identifying and reporting potential and actual Money Laundering Risk, including suspicious transactions in accordance with the laid down AML policies & procedures in your area
- Any other official duty that may be allocated by management from time to time.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Possess a high energy level and strong work ethic with a commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic and changing environment that strives to exceed expectations.
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to interact well with different people and able to work with staff within the Bank.
- Possess excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to present forensic findings in an objective and unbiased manner.
- Have strong, proficient analytical skills.
- Possess excellent project management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks under stressful conditions
- Strong leadership and analytical skills, and ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and experience with data mining software such as ACL, SQL preferred.
- Required to travel to various locations as necessary depending on exigencies of duty.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Criminology, Forensic Accounting, Computer Science or the equivalent;
- Professional Certification in Forensic Investigations such as CFE is a must.
- Training in Police, Intelligence operations is an added advantage.
- Other Professional certifications such as CPA, ACCA, CIA.
- Thorough knowledge of Anti Money Laundering Laws.
- At least 6 years’ total work experience of which at least 3 years relating to the investigation of extensive, complex, detailed and confidential investigations.
How to Apply
ALL applicants MUST apply online to the email; email@example.com; closing date is 8th February 2020. Canvassing will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“We are an equal opportunity employer”