Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Mercy Corps is a non-profit, non-governmental organization based in Portland, Oregon in the United States of America doing humanitarian, relief and development work globally.
Since 1979, Mercy Corps has provided more than US$1.95 billion in assistance to people in 107 nations.
Supported by headquarters offices in North America and Europe, the agency’s unified global programs employ 3,700 staff worldwide and reach nearly 16.7 million people in more than 40 countries.
We are presently looking for a committed and dynamic graduate trainee to take up the position of an OPERATIONS INTERN.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY: The Operations intern will support the work of administration and operation functions of the AgriFin Program Office in Nairobi. Working closely with Program, Operations and Finance, the Operations intern is instrumental in supporting program activities through his/her services. The intern will work under the supervision of the MercyCorps Senior Manager, Operations and HR
INTERNSHIP ASSIGNMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinate and maintain current all work permits, visas and other documentation for Mercy Corps expatriate employees and visitors
2. Compiles documents required for processing payments and prepares payments requests
3. Participate in tender processes as facilitator when required and in preparation of the tender analysis documents
4. Ensure contracts are well tracked and renewed on time through the use of the contract database
5. Establish and maintain a proper filing system for operations documents
6. Assists with review and compiling of timesheets and management of the leave database
The intern will:
- Gain experience in Administrative and office operations processes
- Gain experience in Multi-tasking and Time management
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Senior Manager Operations and HR
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Finance and Program Team
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, finance or related field
SUCCESS FACTORS: The ideal candidate will have a strong curiosity for understanding. S/he will be an excellent communicator, multi-tasker, and able to work in ambiguous situations. S/he will be a tolerant and flexible individual able to work in difficult and stressful environments and follow procedures. S/he will be a team-player with a positive attitude toward problem solving and conflict resolution. The successful candidate will be focused on team-building; be a strategic thinker, have strong skills in project management and maintain a sense of humor.
Mercy Corps interns and volunteers represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the above required qualifications and experience should submit a cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV) listing three professional referees (including a recent supervisor) to email@example.com on or before Friday 31st January 2020 by 5.00pm.
The email subject line must clearly show the job title.
Applications without the right subject heading will be automatically disqualified.
Please do not attach any certificates.
(Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We will only get in touch with shortlisted candidates)
NB: Mercy Corps AgriFin Program does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process