Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
While you’ve heard about Microsoft’s Digital Transformation and how it’s leading our industry to the cloud, have you ever thought about becoming a key member of the team that powers this strategic effort in our company? As Principal Group Manager for Core Platform Engineering (CPE) in The Africa Development Center (ADC) Nairobi, Kenya, you will have the opportunity to be at the center of and influence our industry’s Digital Transformation.
CPE is part of the Core Services Engineering (CSE) org. Our goal is to boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft, and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster, and more securely every day. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. As an org, we succeed through a rich blend of deep technical and business expertise, fueled by an obsession for empowering our customers.
Included In Our Organization Are Teams Responsible For
As part of CSE, CPE develops flexible, reliable, enterprise-scalable solutions with Microsoft product teams, and we deeply influence products that millions of customers use every day. These platforms ultimately lead to compelling user experiences and are marked by higher customer usage rates, while accelerating business outcomes.
- Business Application Services (BAS) – Modernizes LOB apps, brings the quality and security into the digitalized enterprise scenario, is the pivotal of Microsoft’s digital transformation & improved user experience
- Business Platform and Supply Chain (BPSC) – Builds an industry leading business platform on Azure leveraging SAP, Power BI, Aras and Dynamics as well as a connected, intelligent supply chain to help bring products to market faster, increase margins, and improve customer experience
- Core Platform Fundamentals (CPF) – Drives engineering productivity and service health in and beyond CPE by transforming data into intelligence and enabling modern engineering systems
- Enterprise 360 (E360) – Delivers secure enterprise scale connectivity and highly available modern infrastructure services to Microsoft, evolving cloud-based customer interaction solutions and building transformative hosting experiences across Labs and MTCs worldwide
We are looking for a technology and people leader with passion for solving hard engineering problems. As a Principal Group Manager in CPE, you will lead a multi-disciplinary team of Software Engineers and Program Managers in our Nairobi, Kenya office. Your team will develop apps and services that enable multiple critical business areas for Microsoft.
As the leader of the CPE team in Africa, reporting to the ADC Nairobi Site Lead, you will identify and lead areas of engineering investment that support the CPE vision and have ownership of key areas of our technology stack. Additionally, you will be a core member of the Microsoft Africa leadership team, ensuring that CPE’s interests are well-represented.
- Attract, hire, and retain technical talent; nurture a supportive, inclusive environment where team members can grow and can do their best work
- Provide strong technical leadership that helps the team develop enterprise-level solutions for Microsoft
- Provide leadership and coaching to the team during times of rapid change and cultural, process, and systems transformation
- Partner with senior stakeholders and engineering leaders in CPE and other divisions in CSEO to deliver and run prioritized CPE investments
- Ensure that our engineering strategy is aligned with organization goals, and engineering fundamentals and best practices are geared to achieve optimum service health
- Contribute to the CPE leadership team by building collaborative relationships with peers and senior leaders and leveraging best practices
- Manage operational aspects of the CPE business in Africa, such as financial decisions and supplier relationships, in partnership with Finance, HR, and other supporting teams
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, engineering, or related discipline
- 8+ years of professional experience in product management, program management, or software engineering, including significant experience as a leader and manager of managers
- Proven experience in delivering and managing applications that meet the fundamental bars of security, availability, user experience, and efficiency
- Ability to motivate and develop a diverse and inclusive, cohesive, and high performing team
- Ability to manage stakeholder and partner relationships to influence, drive collaboration, innovation, and adoption across Microsoft
- Strong interpersonal and group dynamic skills coupled with excellent written and verbal communication skills