Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an African-led and Africa-based international research institute committed to conducting high quality and policy-relevant multidisciplinary research. Our researchers address important development issues and challenges facing sub-Saharan Africa in areas such as education, population, health, aging, urbanization and wellbeing. Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action, engage with policy makers in the region to disseminate our research findings, influence policy decisions and improve the quality of life in Africa.
The APHRC seeks to recruit a Research Officer with expertise in Public Health Nutrition to work in the Maternal and Child Wellbeing Unit within the Research Division.
- Manage project activities including recruitment and training of field workers, supervision of field work, data management and scientific writing.
- Coordinate policy engagement and dissemination of project research findings to appropriate audiences.
- Take lead in preparing progress reports.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Public Health Nutrition, Public Health (with particular focus on maternal and child nutrition) or other relevant fields or Bachelor’s degree with extensive experience in Public Health Nutrition or related research.
- Good writing skills on relevant subject areas in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Experience in working with young children, mothers or most-at-risk communities; with a strong interest in Public Health Nutrition.
- Experience in conducting literature reviews, particularly on maternal and child nutrition and associated health outcomes or related fields.
- Proven experience in conducting household surveys and/or community-based surveys.
- Either (i) strong quantitative skills (managing, analyzing and interpreting data), with extensive familiarity with statistical packages (Stata, SAS or SPSS); or (ii) expertise in qualitative methods, specifically, familiarity with common qualitative analysis software packages e.g. NVivo.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft packages (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel).
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to work within a culturally diverse team.
- Experience working in vulnerable communities in rural or semi-rural contexts, particularly with migrant/ refugee communities in Kenya.
- Experience in collecting data pertaining to maternal and child nutrition.
- Experience in collecting observational data.
- Experience in community and stakeholder engagement.
- Experience and familiarity with diverse health and social science datasets.
- Experience in developing proposals and attracting research grants.
- Publication record in peer-reviewed journals focusing on Public Health Nutrition or related fields.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Nutrition Research Officer’ by February 12, 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P.O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children