Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are a group of companies looking for a qualified Internal Audit Officer to conduct audits of Operating Companies within the group.
Reporting to the internal Audit Manager, the officer must possess an in-depth knowledge of audit processes and ability to execute audit assignments efficiently.
- Perform end-end audit reviews of assigned companies including evaluating; – the effectiveness of risk management and controls, safeguarding of assets, financial reports reliability and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations as well as compliance to organization’s policies and procedures
- Plan and conduct risk based audits, develop audit programs and test procedures relevant to risk and audit objectives
- Execution assignments, prepare audit reports and present audit findings and make recommendations, in line with IIA Standards& Code of conduct and Internal Audit Policy and Procedures
- Ensure successful & timely completion of assigned/planned audit engagements, from start to finish, inclusive of preplanning and fieldwork Sufficiently address Audit Manager’s review notes during assignments, manage audit files and ensure proper filing
- Prepare and submit timely, quality & accurate audit reports to the audit manager; discuss audit findings and recommendations with Departmental heads and relevant company staff; offer practical solutions relevant to the business
- Constantly monitor audit recommendations have been implemented by the management by way of follow- up audits and prepare monthly progress reports
- Coordinate the documentation and revision of standard operating procedures (SOP) with key emphasis on adequacy of controls to address underlying risks in processes
- Work with Management to design adequate systems and procedures for start- up projects in the Group
- Carry out spot checks on keys areas such as cash count, IOUs, trade debtors, stock etc.
- Conduct investigations and reviews as requested by Management
- Submit to the Audit Manager daily updates that track progress on assigned tasks and any significant internal control issues
- Undertake any other tasks as assigned by Audit Manager from time to time.
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Technology, Business management, or the equivalent – minimum of Upper Second class Honors;
- CPA (K) qualification, or the equivalent;
- At least 3 years work experience as an auditor; in internal audit or external audit in a reputable company/ firm;
- Computer literate with hands on experience in use of an Enterprise Resource Planning tool (ERP);
- CISA or CIA qualification is an added advantage.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to pay attention to details;
- Ability to work under minimum supervision;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of ethics, confidentiality and professionalism and work under pressure;
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your application letter including current and expected remuneration and a detailed CV including names, addresses and phone contacts of three (3) referees by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject title Internal Audit Officer by 4th February 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.