Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The African Forest Forum is seeking to recruit a Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (PMER) Specialist for the newly established Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Unit (PMERU) to facilitate the implementation of Results Based Management (RBM) approach in its programmatic work.
Duties and responsibilities:
The PMER Specialist should:
- Lead in the development and implementation of a Monitoring and Evaluation Plan of AFF’s programmatic work.
- Prepare, maintain and update guidelines and templates for the complete project life cycle.
- Maintain, and update an RBM manual for all AFF projects.
- Spearhead the procurement or development of an automated Project Management System (PMS) to operationalize the RBM system efficiently.
- Develop a results matrix for all AFF projects.
- Guide the development and monitoring of targets and indicators for outputs, outcomes, and impacts.
- Work with all staff to ensure the collection of relevant and appropriate information for an effective M&E system.
- Assist programme staff in the preparation of annual work plans.
- Produce quarterly, semi-annual, and annual Monitoring and Evaluation reports.
- Lead in capturing the impact and success stories from the work of AFF.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Secretary or other immediate supervisor.
Key competencies and skills:
- Demonstrated skills in developing and implementing RBM and automated PMS systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and keen interest to work in teams.
- Demonstrated skills in scientific writing.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple tasks.
Qualification and experience:
- Must have at least a master’s degree in a relevant discipline and at least 5 years of demonstrated experience in planning, monitoring evaluation and reporting.
- Previous experience in developing results tracking frameworks, performance monitoring plans and methodologies for quality performance monitoring.
- Knowledge of data collection protocols, as well as an ability to identify data trends and communicate information.
- Fluency in English is required and working knowledge of French is desirable.