Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Work Conditions: Include working in a warm environment and standing for extended periods. Positions may require the ability to work varied shifts.
Overall purpose: Is responsible for coordinating food preparation for Fresh Units (Bakery, Deli, Butchery, Fruits and vegetables and On-Tap Concepts); plans, prepares and coordinates the preparation of main production plans and supervise preparation of all meals and snacks.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Plans and sets up the Deli with food; preps for the next days’ work by slicing, dicing, chopping and removing frozen foods from the freezer; prepares foods for special events; oversees portion control; schedules and coordinates the work of food service staff responsible for preparing and displaying foods and vegetables.
- Prepares all bakery items for the department; meets with salespeople of bakery products; conducts inventory; orders, receives and stores supplies; cleans and maintains all equipment in the bakery area.
- Coordinates and schedules the preparation of various meat, cheese, vegetable and combination trays; inventories and supervises the storage of food items in the coldroom, walk-in freezer and refrigerators.
- Coordinates all food planning, ordering and preparation; prepares weekly work schedules and assigns duties; orders food and supplies.
- Monitors staff performance in serving customers in an efficient, courteous manner.
- Plans and ensure staff serves food safely, hygienically and cleans up areas and equipment used for food preparation while observing HACCP Standards.
- Achieving all KPI’s and Sales targets while increasing the standards of the department.
- Excelling through annual health and safety audits.
- Keeps accurate food production, ordering, inventory and sales records.
- Ensures SOPs are implemented and adhered to by all staff.
- Follow up on the effecting of the Daily Price Change to weighing scales so as to avoid mismatch between POS and PLU system prices.
- Investigate and advise Fresh Admin to ensure clean-up on all negative inventory balances
- Keeping log of reported fresh department equipment repair issues
- Keeping log of reported customer complaints and do a follow up on how the complaints get resolved.
Desired Technical expertise
- Knowledge of the equipment and procedures involved in commercial cooking;
- Knowledge of nutrition and dietary issues;
- Knowledge of applicable rules and regulations regarding food preparation and/or nutrition;
- Knowledge of and skill in the application of safety and sanitary requirements of a food service operation;
- Skill in following nutritional menus and preparing food according to recipes;
- Ability to plan nutritionally sound meals within a budget;
- Ability to coordinate and train others in food preparation;
- Ability to expand or decrease recipes;
- Ability to estimate food needs in advance,
- Maintain inventories and order/ purchase sufficient food items;
- Ability to organize time and materials in order to meet deadlines;
- Ability to operate kitchen equipment safely;
- Ability to communicate effectively with others regarding all aspects of menu planning and food preparation; ability to prepare tasteful,
- Visually appealing foods; ability to set up food in an appealing manner;
- Ability to drive and sustain impetus;
- Ability to work varied shifts and/or occasional weekends;
- Ability to work safely.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Food Science and Technology or related field
- Fully HACCP and Food Safety Trained (ISO 22000)
- 2-3 years of Fresh Food Management experience
- Experience working with a fast-paced and fresh food orientated environment.
- Experience in managing a team of staff members.
- A proven track record in meeting KPI’s and targets.
- Experience in dealing with health and safety audits, and as such excelling through such audits.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure