Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Are you a leader as far as the insurance business is concerned, with extensive experience in driving insurance business as well as proven ability to deliver exceptional results and with good grasp of the insurance industry?
Are you self-driven, passionate, goal-oriented and enthusiastic about proving insurance solutions and services to customers with an aim of meeting customer needs? If yes, then this is an opportunity that you should consider.
Reporting to the Head of Treasury and Corporate Finance, the role holder will be required to direct the design and implementation of an effective insurance programme, claims policies and guidelines that enhance financial stability and continuity of our business, customer satisfaction and statutory compliance.
- Develop policies/guidelines and interact with all stakeholders to achieve a consistent, coordinated approach to insurance and risk issues within the Group.
- Review insurance requirements in all geographical locations of the Company and ensure compliance with local legislation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with insurers, brokers, other key insurance industry players and risk managers to obtain beneficial strategic opportunities.
- Negotiate and procure comprehensive insurance coverage for the group at reasonable cost.
- Develop selection and performance criteria for insurers, brokers, loss adjusters and other third-party contractors to ensure agreed service level standards are maintained.
- Promote a positive risk profile of the Company to the insurance community.
- Provide insurance expertise to Safety and Loss Prevention functions in the design and implementation of emergency response and crisis management procedures.
- Maintain accurate data to identify risk exposure areas from loss incidents/claims to minimize future losses and enhance safety.
- Maintain an effective and efficient claims management process that gives the company value for risks insured.
- Achieve target budgets in line with the company’s cost control objectives.
- Review all contract terms to identify and address risk exposure and ensure compliance with insurance requirements.
- Degree in Bachelor of Commerce (Insurance option) or insurance related field
- ACII qualification.
- IATA Diploma in International Air Law or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience handling insurance underwriting and insurance claims with at least 5 years at Supervisory role.
- Knowledge of aviation insurance, aviation law and application of international conventions on carriage by Air would be an added advantage.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands.
- Articulate with strong interpersonal skills, analytical and professional with an enthusiastic attitude and focus on results.
- Ability to work in a highly demanding environment and able to meet aggressive deadlines.