Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
The mobile health (mHealth) trend, offers an unprecedented opportunity to transform the health services available to people across the globe. In particular, the mHealth transformation can be most disruptive in the developing countries, which is often characterized by a dysfunctional public health system with a severe scarcity of health infrastructure and resources. Despite this opportunity, the growth of mHealth in developing countries is rather slow to achieve its full potential. Various factors are hindering the growth of mHealth in low-income countries.
mHealth is at the heart of how Living Goods drives impact. We believe that reliable data, consistent diagnostics and analytics are crucial for delivering high quality and cost-effective community healthcare at scale. We want to utilise our experience to enable other implementers and governments to adopt mHealth solutions which drive the performance and therefore impact of CHWs. The technology plays important role in achieving our long-term goals. We are an innovative in rolling out new solutions and ideas to empower CHWs and management. Living Goods has broad experience of technical solutions relevant to healthcare sector in the developing world and we are continuously shaping our platform to meet our customers’ current and future requirements.
The Data Scientist will represent the foundation of a data driven culture that has made Living Goods a successful organization delivering health services via the community health worker. The successful candidate in this role will use a wealth of internal data streamed for different physical sources, and external data available to understand beneficiaries’ behaviour, improve operational efficiencies and provide actionable insights to stakeholders so they can make smarter, data-driven decisions.
Based in Nairobi, Kenya, the ideal candidate will have an established background in solving complex problems, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. Our team is small, creative, diligent, highly entrepreneurial and business-focused.
What we are looking for
- Passionate about science and data. Our drive is to bring advanced technology and robust scientific techniques into the research and operation.
- Highly driven, results-oriented, creative and a problem solver with an ability to prioritize and set direction in a fast-moving environment
- Curious attitude with collaborative and resourceful working style
- Team Player. Act as an ambassador for Data Science within Living Goods and enable others in the organization to utilize your work
- You are accountable. We take responsibility for our own successes and failures.
- You are disciplined. We do things the right way, we do not cut corners, we do not rely on smoke and mirrors; we are the real deal.
- Use various data mining techniques to uncover trends and derive insights
- Analyse forecasting metrics, perform exploratory data analysis with the goal to uncover trends, find root causes of forecast inaccuracies and develop innovative features that can drive additional value
- Solve complex data science problems using the breadth of open source tools available including problem framing, data preparation, model building, model deployment and output consumption in the form of dashboards
- Manage stakeholder expectations and design data science solutions which align with our pillars of maximizing impact and scale, reducing operational costs and improve beneficiaries’ experience
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and present results concisely and persuasively to various stakeholders
- Deliver successful high-profile data science projects within the organisation
- A university degree in Big Data, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science
- At least 3 years work experience as a data scientist within a business environment
- Practical experience building and implementing predictive models using machine learning algorithms and knowledge of building time-series models by taking into account dynamic variables
- Working knowledge of relational databases, data manipulation, business and/or enterprise intelligence, and applied statistics
- Experience with data science programming languages, specifically Python/Java or R
- A deep understanding of AI, ML, NLP and deep learning tools and libraries and familiarity with big data technologies and data frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, nifi or other
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to clearly explain technical concepts and implications of analyses (tell a data story) to a wide audience.
- Proven ability to translate business problems into actionable analyses
- Excellent general IT skills and the aptitude to learn new packages and processes
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in health or a related field will be an added advantage
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.