Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reference: DO 2020
Recruiter: Stratostaff East Africa
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Profile Introduction: Our client in logistics industry is seeking to recruit a Declaration Officer.
Job Purpose: The holder will be required to undertake the timely process of preparing KEBS declarations for all imports and exports when required for clearing and forwarding of overseas spares & catering stores to meet business requirement whilst ensuring they are securely delivered in accordance with its worthiness and client’s quality standards to support scheduled requirements of the client. The role is 24/7 and in high paced environment that requires quick turnaround time.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Degree in Purchasing & Supplies Management
- Diploma in Clearing and Forwarding.
- 2 years or more experience in handling Logistics
- Integrated Customers Management System (ICMS) Trained
- Proper documentation for both normal and on Ground shipments. These include Way Bills, IPC and commercial invoice.
- For all dutiable items apply in a timely manner for Import Declaration Form.
- Confirm that if pre-inspection is required letter is on hand to confirm exemption.
- Review tariff book carefully to ensure to apply correct TI.
- Prepare bank reconciliations daily highlighting any extra costs
- Achieve 0 (zero) fines and penalty charges from customs by correctly preparing declaration and use the correct TI.
- Adherence to timelines as per the KPI’s given for on Ground and normal clearance.
- Monitor Bond in Force for moving bonded goods to the warehouse.
- Ensure bond reconciliation is done and prepare the C36 TIMELY.
- Correct declaration and capturing all weight and packages contained therein.
- Correct declaration and ensure TI 100% accurate
- Proactively anticipate problems and address immediately and follow up with customs where necessary.
- Computer proficiency
- Demonstrate excellent Planning and organizing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to details
- Team player
- Proven track record in delivering results.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge send your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com by 12th February 2020.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Stratostaff is an Equal Opportunity Employer