Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ICRC Regional Delegation in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
Movement Cooperation Officer 2
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
Overall Responsibility: Movement Cooperation Officer 2 contributes to developing and implementing the delegation’s objectives for cooperation with the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (the Movement) in line with the ICRC’s Movement policies and in consultation with the local operating National Society (NS). S/he contributes to building positive relationships between the ICRC and other Movement components, particularly the NS of the country where s/he is assigned.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Contributes to the management of the daily implementation of the partnership objectives/activities with the Kenya Red Cross (KRCS) as well as working in close coordination with the Tanzania Mission and Djibouti Mission regarding Tanzania Red Cross (TRCS) and Djibouti Red Crescent (DRCS);
- Represents the department in joint coordination meetings with the NS in the absence of the Cooperation Coordinator and takes the lead facilitating role;
- Drafts the internal departmental reporting, and contributes to the Weekly Operational Report, Cooperation Quarterly Reports, Bi-Annual Field Reports;
- In charge of following up on all administrative, logistical and financial issues related to the organization and running of meetings and courses organized by the Cooperation Department;
- In the absence of the Cooperation Coordinator S/he represents the department accordingly in Movement fora and meetings with Movement partners;
- With the assistance of Cooperation Coordinator, develops, together with all three NS and ICRC colleagues, annual objectives and budgets and supports the drafting and elaboration of partnership agreement and plans of actions.
Minimum Requirements and competencies
- Relevant Degree from a recognized university in International Relations, Political Science, Social Sciences, or other relevant field;
- Minimum 3-5 years’ work experience in programme management or in a similar field (in dynamic environment);
- Experience in an international organization or NGO;
- MUST be Computer literate;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (Knowledge of French is an asset).
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before the 21st February 2020 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference Movement Cooperation Officer 2 must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.