Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Granary Capital Limited is a regulated microfinance institution that currently serves over 200,000 clients in 7 branches in Kenya.
It is a fast growing Institution with over 200 employees, with plans to expand to new regions, to serve additional segments of clients, with new and better products and services, to introduce innovations based on technology, and with an obvious need for additional departments and positions
Job Purpose: The Branch Manager will be responsible for managing Microfinance operations within one branch of Granary Capital Limited. She/he will provide leadership to business development officers and customer care executives. Branch Manager will be responsible for branch performance.
She/he will be instrumental in identifying new opportunities and will conduct market research for expansion. In leading Granary Capital Limited efforts in the region, she/he will also routinely carry out client drop out surveys, check and supervise the branch plans and budgets, assess staff performance as well as verify and submit monthly reports as required.
- Responsible for all microfinance operations and growth at the branch office, to ensure that branch office reach the set targets and financial sufficiency
- Recruit and maintain the number of clients and outstanding portfolio amount as a mature branch as targeted at Granary Capital limited and monitor continuously responsible branch’s targets.
- Manage all staff, properties, portfolio and clients
- Recruit, train, supervise, and recommend for termination if needed.
- Set quarterly and annual performance targets and conduct performance evaluations for business development officers and senior development office along with senior Management as per established guidelines.
- Meet local authorities, organize, coordinate and conduct mass orientation meeting in new markets to promote the program in order to develop and implement expansion strategy.
- Lead senior business development officer and business development Officers in recruiting new clients in visiting and screening them; identifying collection points,
adhere to loan appraisal processes; approve all loans disbursed in branch.
- Ensure full repayment by clients and assist business developmentofficers in handling delinquent loans and clients Institute zero tolerance for delinquency and report infractions immediately
- Conduct monitoring visits to collection points as planned at least once to each Loan officer per week to verify client numbers and cross check loan officer’s registers; report on same
- Supervise business development officers in order to follow all policies and procedures in place including new product and new policies changes
- Approve and Monitor cash Requests for branch
- Approve all cash receipts and payments of Branch
- Always monitor and control client retention rate of Branch
- Check, verify and approve all of the reports developed from the branch.
- Assists Operations, Finance, HR and any other operational issue as needed.
- Complete miscellaneous duties assigned to him/her from time to time by Region Manager of respective region.
- Prepare and assist BDM to approve all weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and budgets for the branch
- Report immediately any delinquency, cash deficiency and/or any other problems to BDM
- Complete regular internal reports fully and on time including monthly financial, outreach and portfolio reports
- Complete all periodic government reports as necessary
- Assures compliance with all internal policies and procedures
- Assist to RM to instructs staff on same and reports immediately any infractions to Operations and Risk Managers
- Assures compliance with all local and national laws
- Prepare and assist to RM to cooperate fully with all internal and external audits
- Minimum two years working experience preferably in micro-finance, finance, accounting or banking
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Management experience of at least one year preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, budgeting, financial, supervision, planning and monitoring skills required
- Must be able to work independently and make decisions
- Verbal and written skills in swahili and English
- Understanding of geographic area desirable
Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com