Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The job holder will be responsible for maintenance of the University’s properties including upkeep, care, security, health and safety and facilities management in line with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Introduce environmentally friendly operational systems that support the “green vision” for the University
- Manage suitable outsourced Facilities Management and Maintenance contracts.
- Establish and maintain a central workshop and stores, together with stock control and management system to ensure adequate spare parts are available at optimal cost.
- Coordinate and interface with the Faculty operations and determine maintenance schedules which suit University educational operations.
- Monitor Yearly, Monthly & Weekly preventive maintenance plan responsibilities include those mandated by government regulation, local and professional codes and insurance requirements.
- Maintain proper records to track maintenance and repairs.
- Champion QHSE KPIs and audits as cascaded down from the line manager in adherence to OSHA act.
- Serve as an emergency response coordinator by testing building security systems and preparing for emergency situations by creating an action plan for fire evacuations and disaster response.
- Assist the Planning Manager to plan for the future building space needs to ensure adequate supply levels.
- Conduct an overview of the specific needs of the space, furniture, office renovations and office supplies and plan out necessary changes that need to be done.
- Ensure Health and Safety by managing hazardous waste disposal, recycling programs and coordinating environmental health and safety programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Professional Membership with EBK, IET etc.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant working experience
- Experience of working within an educational environment or hospitality will be an added advantage
- Demonstrable experience in managing buildings with varied mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, generators and low voltage systems.
- An understanding of how to maintain transport, other fixed and mobile equipment
- Ability to proactively solve problems in order to avoid crises
- Previous experience in establishing maintenance regimes on complex systems
- Highly developed relationship management, presentation and communication skills with the ability to express ideas in a clear and concise manner to employees at all levels.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV and three references via email to email@example.com by 21st February, 2020. KCAU staff are encouraged to apply