Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
1. CHIEF LEGAL OFFICER – GRADE 15.
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the Chief Legal officer will be in charge of the University Legal department;
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- Management of activities carried out by the University legal function
Provide legal counsel to University Management Board and Council.
- Coordinate preparation of all University Legal documents.
- Interpret and implement University Statutes, Terms and Conditions of Service, Collective Agreements and other documents that have legal binding on the University
- Offer legal advice to University on management and disposal of property.
- Ensure University legal and regulatory frameworks are legally compliant through constant review.
Key Qualifications & Experience:
- Master’s degree in law, Business Administration or any other related areas will be an added advantage
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) Degree or its equivalent from a registered and recognized institution of Higher Learning.
- Post graduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law.
- Fully qualified public secretary (CPS-K)
- Membership to relevant professional body – LSK.
- At least seven (7) years working experience in a large corporation and currently holding a similar or equivalent position.
Additional Key competencies;
- Flexibility and responsiveness in determining and handling legal matters.
- Demonstrated integrity and confidentiality in handling duties
- Sound analytical skills
- Ability to identify with precision the critical factors of a problem in an impartial and objective way.
- Strong leadership skills including effective interpersonal, influencing and negotiations skills:
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
Applicants must also submit valid clearances from the following bodies;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Higher Education Loans Board(HELB)
- Registered Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
The applicants should provide full details of educational and professional qualification, work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address.
Copies of certificates and testimonials should also be enclosed giving the names and addresses of three (3) referees who are conversant with the applicant’s competence in area of specialization.
TERMS OF SERVICE:
For Non-Teaching positions, employment will be on Two (2) year contract that may be translated to Permanent and Pensionable terms, based on performance.
For teaching positions above Tutorial Fellow, employment will be on Permanent and Pensionable terms.
Tutorial Fellows will be employed on One (1) year renewable contract, to a maximum of three (3) years.
Publication Points shall be determined by Commission of University Education Guidelines
Applicants should write directly to:
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration)
P. O. BOX 43844 – 00100
Applications should be received not later than,
20th February 2020
For details related to job specification and general requirements, kindly visit our website: www.ku.ac.ke
Kenyatta University is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.