Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Accountant I, Job Group ‘K’ / ( CSG 10) ( 1 Post)
1. An officer at this level will be required to deal with accounting operations in an Accounting section. Work at this level will be subjected to occasional checks rather than close supervision.
2. Work will involve verification of vouchers and committal documents in accordance with laid down rules and regulations; data capture, maintenance of primary records such as cashbooks, ledgers, vote books, registers and preparation of simple management reports e.g. impress and expenditure returns etc.
3. He/she will be responsible for the safe custody of intuitional records and assets under him/her, analysis of the below the line accounts and may be deployed as a cashier where duties will entail receiving duly processed payments and receipt vouchers; writing cheques and posting payments and receipt vouchers in the cash books; balancing and ruling of the cash books on daily basis; arranging for withdrawal of cash for office use and ensuring safety of the same at all times;
4. Extracting and providing cash liquidity analysis; ensuring security of cheques and cheque books;
5. Prepare accurate year-end financial statements to assist with the preparation of financial statements, and with planning of the resources.
7. Performed any other duty as may be assigned by the management
Requirements for Appointment
1. A candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option) and
passed Part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination.
OR Passed Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (K) Examination or its approved
equivalent qualification from a recognized institution or any other relevant equivalent
2. Certificate in Computer Applications; and
3. Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
4. Must be affiliated to a relevant professional body.
5. Compliance with chapter 6 of the constitution.
Team playing skills
Care for resources
Execution of instructions
Records Management skills
Accountant II, Job Group ‘J’ / (CSG 11) ( 1 Post)
1. Work will involve preparation and verification of vouchers in accordance with the laid down rules and regulations involving primary data entry and routine accounting work such as balancing of cashbooks, impress and advances ledgers etc.
2. He/she will be responsible for safe custody of records and assets under him /her.
3. Data capture, maintenance of primary records such as cashbooks, ledgers, vote books, registers and preparation of simple management reports e.g. impress and expenditure returns etc.
4. Account for all expenditure and ensure that it is within polies and procedures of the institution to provide for transparency and integrity of the process.
5. Prepare information on payments claims to ensure approval is supported by relevant documentations.
6. Produce periodic cash flow and forecasting reports to advice on availability of funds critical for the implementation of the institutional budget.
7. Prepare accurate year-end financial statements to assist with the preparation of financial statements, and with planning of the resources.
9. Performed any other duty as may be assigned by the management
Requirements for Appointment
A pass in part II of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or it’s recognized equivalent
Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Business Administration (Accounting option) from a recognized institution or any other relevant equivalent qualification.
• Team playing skills
• Care for resources
• Execution of instructions
• Interpersonal skills
• Records Management skills
How to Apply
1. Each application shall be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, Testimonials, and other relevant supporting documents.
2. Applicants should submit five (5) hard copies of their applications which should clearly be marked “Application for the position.
3. Applications must be submitted on or before FRIDAY, 21ST FEBRUARY, 2020.
4. Applications should be addressed to the SENIOR PRINCIPAL OF THE KISUMU NATIONAL POLYTECHNIC, P.O.BOX 143 KISUMU.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Note: The institution is an equal opportunity employer. Women, the marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.