Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ICT Officer I, / Systems Administator Job Group ‘K’ ( CSG 10) ( 2 POSTS)
Installation and maintenance of computer systems; configuration of Local Area Network and Wide Area Network; developing and updating application systems; and carrying out systems analysis, design and program specifications in liaison with users; carrying out repairs and maintenance of Information Communication Technology equipment and associated peripherals; drawing up hardware specifications for Information Communication Technology equipment; verification, validation and certification of Information Communication Technology equipment; and overseeing the process of configuration of new Information Communication Technology equipment.
Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing components such as computer hardware, systems software, applications software and all configurations to ensure system dependent institution operations function as per the SLAs
Ensure that virus protection software is installed on all computers and are updated regularly
Perform regular diagnosis, trouble shooting and resolve hardware and software problems that may slow or fail operations of the institution
Analyze information to determine, recommend and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system
Monitor and minimize software deviation through test routine systems backups and restores to ensure optimum system
Conduct regular network and security audits to continuously manage systems security to avoid data loss
Asses, gather, analyze user needs and requirements and provide solutions on a daily basis
Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the management
Requirements for Appointment
1. For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have a Bachelors Degree in any of the following fields:
Computer Science/ Information Communication Technology or in Electronics/Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution.
2. Must have a professional qualification this MCP or Oracle or Certified Information System Analyst (CISA)
1. Served in the grade of Information Communication Technology Officer II or in an equivalent and relevant position in the Public Service for a minimum period of three (3) years; and
2. Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
3. Have thorough knowledge of System Administration and Networking in TVET institutions in Kenya.
4. Minimum of 5 years experience in reputable organization
How to Apply
1. Each application shall be accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, Testimonials, and other relevant supporting documents.
2. Applicants should submit five (5) hard copies of their applications which should clearly be marked “Application for the position.
3. Applications must be submitted on or before FRIDAY, 21ST FEBRUARY, 2020.
4. Applications should be addressed to the SENIOR PRINCIPAL OF THE KISUMU NATIONAL POLYTECHNIC, P.O.BOX 143 KISUMU.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Note: The institution is an equal opportunity employer. Women, the marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.