Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence-informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Assistant Data Manager in Siaya County.
Overall Job Function
Under the general guidance of the Strategic Information Lead and the immediate supervision of the Data Manager, the Assistant Data Manager will be responsible for capturing all Shinda project data, on-going analysis of aggregate and patient-level data, and the timely reporting of Shinda data from all CHS supported sites in Siaya County to all funding agencies and stakeholders.
- Establish and support a strong Data Demand and Information Use (DDIU) strategy with the development of monthly, quarterly semi-annually & annually facility and program performance slides for all the Shinda supported sites.
- Assist in the maintenance of routine program, donor and MOH databases that includes; VMMC database, EID database, KHIS, DATIM, C-RIS and 3PM and other stakeholders.
- Strengthen data quality systems through conducting routine data validation checks to ensure data queries and data entry errors in KHIS are flagged out to foster concurrence and accuracy in all reporting systems.
- Develop and manage program level live dashboard to facilitate program weekly, monthly and quarterly progress review and donor quarterly progress review.
- Support the implementation, maintenance and reporting through all Electronic Medical Records Systems in CHS Supported sites (KenyaEMR, IQCare, eHTS, eVMMC, NDW & ADT tool).
- Assist in the timely compilation, aggregation and generation of weekly, monthly and quarterly data reports to donors, CHS program and MoH.
- Perform data quality audits, coordinate data cleaning through M&E field teams and verify data accuracy of the data before submission of all data reports
- Prepare accurate data to be entered in PEPFAR and CDC reporting information systems (DATIM, 3 PM and C-RIS)
- Assist in the preparation of data summary slides for presentations to donors, program, MoH and facilities.
- Routine and continuous development of new tools to be used in program reporting to the donor.
- Ensure accurate data validation through a robust query generating systems that review the quality of data in MOH 731, IM, 3PM, CRIS/DATIM reports and other reportable datasets within the program.
- Ensure the monthly performance monitoring plan (PMP) and performance dashboards are well developed that captures the aspiration of the program needs.
- Daily data entry tracking for VMMC program and extraction of VMMC and EIMC data from the database for reporting
- Design routine and ad hoc data collection tools (ODK, excel, epi info and DHIS2 database)
- Attend to ad hoc data requests as may arise from time to time.
- Any other relevant duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in statistics, mathematics, computer science epidemiology or any related field.
- At least three (3) years relevant experience and advanced skills in statistical software SPSS and/or SAS as well as in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint).
- Expert skill level in the use and navigation of MOH DHIS2, PEPFAR DATIM and 3PM, Kenya EMR and IQCare.
- Experience in working with MOH systems and HIV-related reports will be an added advantage.
- Strong data management and analysis skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with individuals from diverse professional backgrounds.
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the subject title as Assistant Data Manager: CHS/ADM/SP/001/2020, by 5:00 PM Friday, February 14, 2020.
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification