Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions – including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthen health systems worldwide.
PATH is currently recruiting for an Accountant to support our donor funded program work. Responsible to record revenue and receivables related to PATH’s donor funded program work, this position will monitor and report financial results and impacts of programs to PATH’s funders. Working under the direction of the Revenue Accounting Manager, the Accounting Officer will record revenue and accounts receivables for PATH’s donor funded programs, reconcile financial information to PATH’s financial system, review, and analyze project financials for PATH and external donors.
The ideal candidate will be an adaptable and highly motivated self-starter with solid invoicing, project accounting and financial reporting experience. This position would work closely with the Accounting team on monthly and year end processes, while providing support services to project administrators and monitoring donor projects for compliance with contract terms and PATH policies and procedures.
- Prepare and reconcile donor invoices and financial reports to the financial system; ensure timely and accurate reporting on award-based projects.
- Review and set-up award records in the financial system to drive revenue recognition and invoicing.
- Prepare monthly billings for revenue recognition on donor funded projects and track related award receivables, including collection efforts.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual reviews of award-based project expenses, as needed, to evaluate transactions recorded for consistency, allowability and compliance with U.S. GAAP, grant and contract compliance, & PATH policies.
- Monitor and assist program teams with financial management of projects on an ongoing basis; provide monthly reports to PATH management on project financial performance.
- Develop new tools, charts and graphs to relate financial data as organizational and donor needs evolve.
- Act as backup for other Accounting functions as needed during peak periods.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field and a minimum of two to three years relevant work experience in preparation, reporting, and analysis of either department financial, budget financial, costing accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience leading the preparation of donor financial reports for various funders including the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, United States Government, DFID, United Nations, and other global entities.
- Robust understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP)
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting principles and procedures preferred
- Solid understanding of donor compliance and reporting mechanisms and requirements
- Working well under pressure and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of reliability, accuracy and productivity
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain harmonious working relationships and effectively address complex and sensitive administrative issues throughout the spectrum of constituents.
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access).
- Discretion and independent judgement in decision making processes and planning.
- Familiarity with accounting systems and experience working with mid-tier accounting software, preferably Business World (formerly Agresso).