Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Tatu City is part of Rendeavour, Africa’s largest urban land developer with over 30,000 acres of visionary projects in the growth trajectories of large cities in Kenya, Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia and Democratic Republic of Congo. Rendeavour’s vision goes beyond alleviating what is a self-evident problem – that of stifling urban congestion and a dearth of quality housing and commercial property in Africa. Rather, we aim to help create the infrastructure – the living and working spaces, communities, schools and hospitals – that will help sustain and accelerate Africa’s economic growth, meet the aspirations of Africa’s burgeoning middle classes, and serve as a catalyst for further urban development.
Tatu City is a 5,000-acre, mixed-use special economic zone located approximately 25 km from the centre of Nairobi. Underlying Tatu City’s design is a visionary concept aiming to shift urban development in Kenya from the familiar single node model to a decentralized urban environment.
The company is looking to strengthen its Finance function with the hiring of a Financial Accountant.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for running the accounting and financial activities of Rendeavour’s utilities business portfolio in Kenya. The Accountant will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer, the Finance Team, and the wider Kenya team.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Accurate, efficient and timely processing of invoices and making payments
- Ensure payment procedures as per Corporate Governance Handbook are 100% complied with
- Capture and maintain accurate and updated financial information in SAGE 300
- Perform timely bank reconciliations and passing of journals for month-end processing
- Provide an updated TB for monthly management accounts processing
- Liaise with tax consultants to ensure that all transactions are tax-efficient and compliant
- Ensure all the relevant tax filings (WHT, Reverse VAT) are done on time.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Preparation of financial statements
- Drive the audit process and ensure timely closure as per statutory requirements
- Ensure audit recommendations are implemented
- Maintain an updated listing of assets with periodical impairment assessment done
- Coordinate effectively with the Group Finance function on all day-to-day finance requirements
- Handle records and filing systems, including assisting with financial and non-financial record keeping as required
- Prudent management of petty cash
- Minimum – bachelor’s degree in finance-related course and CPA (K) or equivalent
- At least three years’ experience in a busy finance department, interacting with all aspects of Finance – Payables, receivables, month end processes, financial statements preparation, audit process.
- Must have experience working in a startup environment
- Quick learner
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated and self-driven
- Able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment
- Good working knowledge of Sage 300 ERP is an added advantage
- Very strong analytical skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, proven ability to present information clearly in a report or presentation to senior management;
- Financial modelling skills a plus;
- Good understanding of and ability to apply basic concepts in finance and economics.
- Must be highly effective and organized;
- Mature, pragmatic and flexible approach;
- Team player but comfortable working autonomously;
- Attention to detail;
- Rigorous and organised approach;
- Hands-on, ready to roll up the sleeves
- High energy;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Passion for Africa
Interested candidates should send CVs to HR@tatucity.com quoting ‘Financial Accountant, Kenya’ as the subject.