Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The African Wildlife Foundation (AWF) has a diversified portfolio of projects with a focus on protected area management, illegal wildlife trade, and community empowerment through conservation enterprise, sustainable agriculture and primary education. These projects are implemented in 8 countries (Cameroon, DRC, Ethiopia, Kenya, Niger, Tanzania, Uganda and Zimbabwe).
AWF has a well-defined project management methodology based on the “Plan/Do/Check/Act” (PDCA) model, an iterative, four-step process for management control and continuous improvement. The PDCA model values the acts of planning and management to control project implementation. In addition, AWF’s project management methodology is rooted in predictable project implementation to maximize program impact through increased speed and efficiency of our project delivery.
The intern will assist in tracking project management and delivery, reviewing project progress, monitoring project risks and change, documenting lessons learned and promoting the adoption of best project management practices across AWF projects. They will be based at AWF HQ for a period of 3 months reporting directly to the Senior Officer, Project Management
- Update project implementation tracking sheet, including updating the stage of each active project within AWF project cycle.
- Assist in the review and update of project work plans for various projects.
- Assist in reviewing donor reports against grant agreement requirements.
- Documentation of lessons learned from various projects during project implementation.
- Maintain and update the project risk and issues management logs.
- Review project management agreements for information on the scope of work and upload required components to the project management system.
- Review Means of Verification documentation for quality assurance, maintain and update a repository of implementation folders for each active project.
- Undertake any relevant duties as requested
- A recent undergraduate degree in Project Management, International Relations, Business Administration, Environmental Studies or any closely related field.
- Strong planning, coordination, and analytical skills.
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with Project Management software/system is an advantage.
- Proficiency in report writing.
- Attention to detail.
- Interest in Conservation and AWF’s mission