Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
This position is primarily responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate preparation of standard and ad hoc statistical and operations reports.
This position reports directly to the Data Integrity Supervisor.
The position works with the other Data Analysts to orchestrate the work of the department in the absence of the Data Integrity Supervisor.
- Prepares routine and ad hoc CWS RSC Africa statistical reports as needed for various CWS RSC Africa staff and implementing partners e.g. US Embassy Refugee Coordinator, UNHCR, IOM and the Resettlement Agencies.
- Prepares and automates regular sectional quality control reports to ensure data accuracy and identify training needs.
- Prepares reports designed to track CWS RSC Africa operations productivity for an overall improvement in efficiency.
- Carries out annual inter-departmental process review and recommends improvements in quality control.
- Updates automated and ad hoc reports in line with WRAPS database schema changes.
- Updates automated and ad hoc reports in line with Policy and Program changes.
- Works closely with IT to ensure that reports run in the most current software environment and in publishing QC reports in a user friendly interface.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or four (4) years of directly related experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Five (5) years of paid work experience is required.
- Good understanding (2+ years required) of databases and Tableau (or other business intelligence tools) is required.
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio 2016 in the context of SQL Server Reporting Services is required.
- Advanced knowledge in TRANSACT SQL and Microsoft SQL Server database design, stored procedures, views and functions.
- Advanced computer knowledge, specifically with MS Office (Access, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
- Advanced knowledge in using Tableau Business Analytics software.
- Knowledge of US refugee resettlement and working experience with the WRAPS database preferred.
- Proficiency in using Servicenow software is a plus.
The Data Analyst must have the ability to:
- analyze and generate excellent reports with the ability to assimilate, process, and document information for a variety of audiences;
- identify problems and come up with resolutions to improve operations;
- periodically review the current reports and statistics and recommend any changes with a view of improving accuracy and precision of the reports and statistics;
- adhere to CWS RSC Africa, DI Standard Operating Procedures;
- communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
- deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
- conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of CWS RSC Africa;
- maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- work independently and contribute to overall operations of CWS RSC Africa;
- take initiative in the development and completion of projects;
- lead others and address issues as they arise;
- maintain strict confidentiality with CWS RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
- manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
- analyze and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
- effectively manage CWS RSC Africa’s resources;
- actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
Physical: This position requires sitting, handling objects (manual dexterity) and using fine finger movements.
Environmental: Normal office working conditions.
Certificate of Good Conduct issued within the last one year (12 months) is required before the start of employment.
Ensure effective exchanges of information with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include speaking to others respectfully; expressing ideas in a logical, organized way; sharing information appropriately; and clarity and conciseness in written communication.
Ensure constructive and supportive interactions with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include being positive and supportive when working with others; sharing information and resources freely; resolving conflict constructively; and proactively working to remove obstacles to success for others.
Utilize and apply job related knowledge to completej ob tasks at a level that meets or exceeds expectations. Examples of skills and behaviors include utilizing job knowledge to solve problems or develop new approaches; maintaining or enhancing skills through continuing education; and taking on projects that will develop or enhance skills.
Work effectively and contribute as a member of a team. Examples of skills and behaviors include supporting other team members by sharing information; covering the work of others during absences, vacations etc.; and actively participating in developing ideas for ways to increase team effectiveness.
Analyze information and develop solutions to challenges that arise during the course of performing a job. Examples of skills and behaviors include researching and collecting facts; defining the issues and the parties affected; formulating options/solutions for addressing the problem; and engendering support for and implementing the solution.
Program Planning and Management
Organize work and/or plan projects and ensure timely completion and/or successful implementation. Examples of skills and behaviors include identifying and analyzing program options; identifying the tasks and deliverables required for successful completion; managing one’s time; monitoring the resources involved and ensuring that they are directed most effectively; and working with all involved to ensure successful completion.
Guide and direct oneself or other individuals and groups toward a desired outcome. Examples of skills and behaviors include taking the appropriate level of initiative to resolve problems or remove obstacles, bringing individuals together around a common goal; evaluating information and making decisions; navigating conflict and obstacles; and ensuring that communication takes place between all parties involved.
Resource Building and Stewardship
Balance the acquisition or investment of organization resources with responsible use of those resources in line with the organization’s mission. Examples of skills and behaviors include taking advantage of all opportunities to cultivate potential donors; evaluating situations to identify the best use of resources; and making responsible investments of resources that increase organization effectiveness.