Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Chief Officer shall be the Accounting and Authorized Officer with respect to the exercise of delegated powers and shall report to the County Executive Committee Member in charge of Social Services, Gender, Youth and Sports for administration and other duties as provided under Section 46 of the County Governments Act 2012.
Requirements and Competencies for Appointment:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from a University recognized in Kenya.
- Possession of a Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage;
- Membership of the relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
- Have vast knowledge and experience of not less than 10 years in the relevant field, 3 of which should be in a senior/managerial position in a large organization;
- Must have undergone continuous senior management training and/or strategic
- leadership development
- Must demonstrate a thorough understanding of devolution, the County development objectives and Vision 2030.
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the values and principles outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution.
- Be a strategic thinker and results-oriented;
- Must have self-drive and initiative to executive programs
- Must have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills to inspire and motivate development partners, employees, volunteers, and diverse client groups
- Must be familiar with financial management processes including procurement, budgeting
- •Must demonstrate competence in planning and ability to manage implementation of projects and programmes
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict timelines;
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya
- Proficiency in computer applications is required
- General strategic administration and co-ordination of the department
- Development and implementation of strategic plans and sector development plans
- Implementation of policies and regulations
- Ensuring compliance with the National Values and Principles of good governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Formulation and implementation of effective programmes geared towards streamlining the departments to attain county CIDP and the Governor’s Manifesto
- Prudently utilizing and managing the physical/financial/human resources in the County.
- Building capacity and backstopping the county managers/staff.
- Overseeing management of finances, preparation and submission of budget estimates, annual work plans and programmes.
- Overseeing the implementation and monitoring of performance management systems.
- Mainstreaming integrity assurance in projects and programmes.
- Promoting collaboration of stakeholder participation in extension service delivery.
- Participating in M&E of projects and programmes in the County.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae (C.V), Copies of Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identification Card or Passport and any other supporting documents should be submitted in sealed envelope, clearly indicating the position applied for on the top left side of the envelope. Bungoma County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-county and ward of residence.
Hand delivered applications should be submitted to the County Public Service Board Offices located next to the Governor’s Office.
Please NOTE that all applicants will be required to provide copies of clearance certificates from the following institutions:
- The Criminals Investigations Department (CID)
- The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB),
- The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- The Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC) and v. Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Bungoma County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities, Minority and Marginalized groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
The Secretary County Public Service Board P.O BOX 2489-50200 BUNGOMA