Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
OVERVIEW OF THE ORGANIZATION
Founded in 2004 and registered in 2007, Economic and Social Rights Centre- Hakijamii is a national human rights organization that works with marginalized groups living in urban and peri-urban areas to amplify their voices to effectively claim their economic and social rights and live a dignified life. It is registered as a Non-governmental organization (NGO) under the NGO Coordination Act. It has its Secretariat in Nairobi, with strategic community partners in Nairobi, Kisumu, Garissa, Kakamega, Isiolo, Kwale and Mombasa.
Hakijamii envisions a society that is free from discrimination, exploitation and injustice. Our mission is to strengthen the capacity of people’s organizations to effectively and directly participate in advocating and realizing their economic, social and cultural rights in Kenya. Throughout our existence, the organization has been guided by the goal of promoting social movements to engage in realizing and promoting human rights-centered practices and policies in realization of economic and social rights. The organization has four main result areas namely: Health, Water & Sanitation, Land & Housing, Education & Public Interest Litigation, Research, Budget and Policy Analysis.
Hakijamii’s four major approaches in its work delivery includes, research, advocacy, public interest litigation and resource allocation. Our budgeting and research work feeds into policy formulations, review and implementation through resource allocation and citizens engagement in governance processes. To this end the organization continues to link policy implementation with the national budget process and citizens role in governance processes.
To this end the organization seeks to recruit an Office Administrator to assist in the effective implementation and enforcement of economic and social right
The officer will be responsible for coordinating office administration, supporting operational functions and performing administrative and secretarial assignments, updating the data base for the organization. The post holder will assist in forging good links with key partners and other groups as well as clients.
• To form and maintain good working relationships with all key partners including clients.
• Oversee office administration and management
• Identify and pursue fundraising opportunities, under the guidance of Hakijamii overall fundraising programme.
• Undertake all such other functions as may be directed by the supervisor and that are within the mandate of the organization and complimentary to the above responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY
The Officer will:
• Provide administrative support for the project staff including travel and meeting arrangements, hotel bookings and related activities.
• Provide planning and logistical support to the project staff.
• Maintain key project schedules and events (Visitor’s book etc) and communicate accordingly.
• Responsible for maintaining a project database of trainings, reports,
• Provide financial and administrative support in raising imprest, claims and surrenders in line with organization’s policies and procedures.
• In liaison procurement committee participate in procurements processes of office supplies and services.
• Develop and maintain progress reports and contacts of key project stakeholders.
• Oversee confidential information, mail handling and dispatch among other related tasks.
• Provide secretarial support to project meetings.
• Maintain an inventory of all the assets and other facilities of the organization.
• Ensure cleanliness and orderliness of the offices is maintained
• Ensure all the project office equipment is serviceable and available.
• In coordination with the programme officers, partake in implementation of Hakijamii core project and activities.
• Using a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, etc., to produce correspondence and documents and maintain presentations, records, spreadsheets and databases;
• Using content management systems to maintain and update websites and internal databases;
• Represent Hakijamii in specified meetings, taking minutes and keeping notes of internal meetings;
• Organize both in-house and external events.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
The ideal candidate should possess;
• A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Business Management or related field with minimum of two (3) years relevant work experience relevant work experience in a busy environment.
• Diploma in Business Administration or related field with minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience in a busy environment. Experience in the NGO sector will be an added advantage.
• Must be ICT proficient especially in the digital space.
• Strong ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Good at and enthusiastic about learning new skills.
• Good multi-tasking skills, working with and managing deadlines for many different tasks.
• Social commitment and a passion for human rights work.
• Strong team player with ability to maintain positive attitude under pressure.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Remarkable organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and perform them with deliberate speed.
All interested applicants must submit 1) a cover letter and (2) a current curriculum vitae addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Economic & Social Rights Centre – Hakijamii,
P.O Box 11356-00100 Nairobi-Kenya.
All application should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Wednesday 26th February 2020. Kindly visit our website on www.hakijamii.com for more information about the job opportunity.
Please Note: Hakijamii does not charge any fees for recruitment process and has NOT assigned any recruiting firm to act on its behalf. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Hakijamii is an equal employer and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted