Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Law Society of Kenya is pleased to invite qualified candidates to complete a six-month pupilage training at our National Office, supervised by a Program Officer and the Deputy Chief Executive Officer. The position offers an extensive opportunity for growth and networking. Before the end of the program, the pupil shall be required to submit a brief report about their experience/ learning at the Society and provide ideas and suggestions that can help improve the Program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognized institution;
- Successfully completed Advocates Training Program (ATP) at the Kenya School of Law;
- Strong academic record.
SOFT SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Sound Understanding of Principles of Law;
- Ability to Maintain High Standards of Professional Conduct;
- Strong Analytical Skills;
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills;
- Strong Interpersonal and Problem Solving Abilities;
- Ability to Work Under Pressure: Highly Motivated and Self-Driven;
- Team Player
- Prepare quality and objective legal and policy research and analysis;
- Prepare legal opinions and briefs on cases;
- Assist in all aspects of compliance by members of the Society including the handling of complaints against advocates, the enforcement of ethical and statutory requirements of advocates;
- Assist members of the public on all matters law;
- Undertake research on legal issues that arise from cases involving LSK;
- Analyze research data and compile reports;
- Write relevant and periodic reports from information acquired in various workshops;
- Attend inter and intra-collaborative meetings to represent the Society;
- Engage relevant stakeholders in policy and legal reform;
- Research, monitor and analyze emerging legal issues;
- Research, identify appropriate laws, judicial decision, legal articles and other materials that are relevant to emerging legal issues;
- Liaise with different stakeholders and partners, including Advocates Complaints Commission;
- Assist in facilitating committee meetings of the Society;
- Assist in responding to inquiries made to the Secretariat.
We invite candidates with the above requirements to make a formal application, by submitting their Cover Letter, current Curriculum Vitae and all necessary supporting documents to the undersigned. The same should reach us not later than 20th February 2020.
TAKE NOTE THAT LSK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Law Society of Kenya
Lavington, Opp. Valley Arcade, Gitanga Road
P.O. BOX 72219 – 00200