Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
A career at the BBC offers you an opportunity to tell stories that can change lives. At BBC Africa it is our ambition to showcase the diversity of ideas and aspirations from across the continent.
The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million. We are looking for a Broadcast journalist with excellent written and spoken Kirundi and English language to join the BBC Great Lakes Service team in Nairobi.
BBC Great Lakes Service provides world-class digital and radio content that makes sense of news and events in the Great Lakes region and the world for our local and global audiences. The successful candidate will be expected to work with the BBC Great Lakes radio and online teams in the region and London.
As one of our multi-media journalists, you’ll have a crucial role in leading our engagement with the audience. By joining BBC Great Lakes, you’ll be a part of the team for a leading international broadcaster, the BBC World Service, which broadcasts to Africa in 12 languages: English, French, Hausa, Igbo, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, Somali, Pidgin, Swahili, Afaan Oromo, Tigrinya and Amharic.
You will be required to produce accurate, informed and interesting news and current affairs content to the highest standards. This demands proven journalistic skills across digital platforms as well as a genuine passion for explaining the world to our global audiences. You will liaise with other BBC Africa language team members, Newsgathering, reporters and producers across BBC departments to develop original content and report, present, research, write, translate, edit and adapt text stories, video or audio material for audiences on digital platforms and radio.
Are you the right candidate?
- A full command of Kirundi language (written and spoken). Fluent in English; French is desirable
- Proven track record of coming up with ideas and seeing them through to delivery, ideally in a creative or media environment
- A passion for International news, African and Great Lakes news and current affairs as well as history, social issues, business, arts/culture and sports
- Proven track record of producing quality content for multiple platforms, and proven editorial judgement
- Ability to create content with accuracy, clarity and style appropriate to differing audiences and forms of media
- Relevant experience as a journalist, both in originating material and editing the work of others, is highly desirable
- You will be required to have a proven record of experience in all aspects of delivering powerful content in a challenging environment
- An understanding of the BBC Africa’s distinctive news agenda and a wider interest in the strategy of the BBC as a whole
- You must have a track record of not being involved in the politics of the Great Lakes Region
- You’ll have substantial, recent and relevant full-time experience as a journalist
- You’ll need to be capable of creatively engaging audiences with interesting storytelling angles and techniques for radio and digital/social platforms
Please see the attached Job Description for more information.
Contract: Full time – Continuing (Permanent)
Local terms and conditions apply
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in Kenya.