Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Korogocho, Nairobi
Reports to: Project Manager
Working Relationships: MEAL Officer, Head of Programs, Project team members
Number of subordinates: 0
Working time in % : 100%
Context: Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief organization, based in Lausanne (Switzerland). Every year our projects support more than 3 million children and their families in over 35 countries.
We are part of the Terre des hommes International Federation, with 9 other sister organizations in Switzerland, Europe and Canada.
Tdh provides support to children in Dadaab refugee camp and in Korogocho slums.
Tdh also implements health and nutrition projects in Garissa County.
General job description: Reporting to his/her immediate superior, the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant provides technical and methodological support to operations teams. He/she helps develop monitoring plans and adapt and roll out monitoring tools in compliance with Tdh’s approaches and methods.
The M&E Assistant helps collect, process and analyse data, and ensures that monitoring information is effectively communicated. He/she takes part in internal and external evaluation processes.
- Support in data reviewing and data entry into the database on daily basis.
- Support in filing and organizing the case files with the support of the social worker
- Verify and identify errors in data before and after entries are made.
- Support with verification of cases entered into the CPIMS database.
- Help to actively flag out high and medium priority cases that need follow up and quick interventions.
- Conduct field spot checks to verify the information collected by field teams
- Comply with quality and other standards in TDH
- Helps develop project monitoring plans and adapt and roll out monitoring tools to meet project and programme requirements. Helps design databases in coordination with the MEAL officer
- Checks that collection tools are consistent with project activities working in coordination with the Project Manager and MEAL officer
- Reports any technical or methodological issues to Project Manager and MEAL officer
- Supervises and/or supports collection activities in the field while respecting ethical and methodological standards.
- If necessary, helps enter monitoring data provided by project teams using the appropriate tools.
- Informs the Project Leader of any unmet targets, contextual changes (risks and opportunities) and negative effects on beneficiaries.
- Helps manage and organise M&E information while ensuring that confidential data is protected, in coordination with the MEAL Officer.
- Helps recruit, train and supervise any team members involved in occasional data collection activities (investigators).
Communication and reporting
- Provided monthly data analysis report to be used in reporting
- Supports to develop presentations adapted to different target audiences.
- Provides the data information required to write reports for use by Tdh and by donors
- Supports the internal and external evaluation process (by providing monitoring data, logistical support and assistance in monitoring the results of evaluations).
Security and child safety
- Understands and applies security policies, the Child Safeguarding Policy and fraud prevention policies.
- He/she will conduct his or her duties in respect of the Charter of Terre des hommes and the Tdh Child Protection Safeguarding Policy.
- Terre des hommes expects that its staff professional conduct reflects proper behaviour in accordance with local culture and traditions. He/she assures the moral protection of the name of Terre des hommes and defends in all circumstances the interests of the movement.
- Tdh intervenes without any affiliation for politics, religion or financial profit. He will direct his or her activities and engagements without preoccupation of political, racial or religious affiliation.
- He/she commits to observe discretion on any information related to the organisation functioning and beneficiary related issues
- A degree in Economics, Statistics, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Project Planning & Management, Monitoring & Evaluation or other related discipline from a recognized university.
- A minimum of 1 years experience within the M&E field
- Basic knowledge of project cycle management
- Experience in developing and implementing monitoring tools in the humanitarian aid and development sector
- Experience in supporting internal and external M&E projects: baselines/endlines, routine monitoring, etc.
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative collection methods in the humanitarian aid and development sector
- Command of IT tools and experience in using databases
- Ideally, experience with some or all of the following tools: Excel (including pivot tables), SPSS, Sphinx, Stata, EpiData, QGIS, Google Fusion, ODK/KoBo tool box, Ona, etc.
Abuse Prevention Policy – Operational Risk Management
- Commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including: Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy
- Commit to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Risk Management Policies
- Commit to inform supervisors and to deal with any cases, allegations, or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Tdh Risk Management Policies.
Candidates that fit the requirements above are invited to submit a covering letter, CV, references, and copies of academic and professional certificates (if requirements are not met or application is incomplete, the application will not be considered).
The application should be emailed to KEN.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly indicate the position on the subject line of the e-mail – only applications which will have complied with this request will be reviewed.
Kindly note only applications sent to this email address will be considered.
This position will be recruited on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a written test and oral interview.
Tdh’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protect children’s rights, which includes the prevention of all forms of child abuse.
Tdh is an equal opportunity employer.