Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS OFFICERS – IRO/02/2020
The Federation of Kenya Employers (FKE) is the national umbrella organization for employers in Kenya and its key mandate is to promote the interests of employers. FKE seeks to ensure that national labour and social policy provides an environment favourable to enterprise sustainability and job creation. We are seeking to engage passionate and results driven professionals to fill the position of Industrial Relations Officers.
Reporting to the Manager, Industrial Relations, the Industrial Relations Officers will be responsible for assisting members in matters of CBA negotiations, legal consultations, trainings and conciliation of disputes at the Ministry of Labour.
- Chair CBA negotiations meetings between Employers and the Unions and act as secretary
- Prepare CBAs and ensure that they are registered
- Advise employers in all Labour related issues i.e. obligations and rights of employers
- Assist members in resolving strike situations and initiating injunctive procedures in court as necessary
- Represent employers in the Employment and Labour Relations Court
- Represent members in conciliations/ trade disputes
- Represent FKE in social dialogue meetings • Prepare training materials in Industrial Relations and execute the training
- Facilitate various Association Meetings and act as the secretary • Assist in collecting subscriptions and other FKE debts from members
- Represent the Executive Director in various meetings as assigned
- Perform other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or a related Social Science field
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management or Industrial Relations
- Current member of the IHRM
- 5-10 years’ progressive experience in Labour and Industrial Relations with specific practice in collective bargaining and grievance resolution. A legal background and experience will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with Trade Unions and handle disputes, grievances and discipline issues
- Ability to negotiate, conclude and prepare Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBAs)
- Experience in training will be an added advantage
KEY SKILLS, COMPENTENCIES AND DESIRED ATTRIBUTES
- Strong understanding of the tripartite movement, labour laws and labour structures in the country
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of labour relations management in various sectors, demonstrated knowledge of grievance and arbitration processes.
- Strong negotiation and relationships management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage diverse tasks simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability working with highly confidential information
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application (indicating current and expected salary), and CV with 3 professional referees through: Recruitment@fke-Kenya.org indicating the job title and reference number on the subject line to reach us not later than February 23, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
FKE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Manager, Human Resources & Administration
Federation of Kenya Employers Waajiri House,
Argwings Kodhek Rd, Milimani P.O. Box 48311-00100 Nairobi