Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Research Assistant will be expected to support formation of farmer producer organizations, youth groups and cooperatives. These organizations are farmer driven and are expected to bring farmers together with one voice and collectively market their produce. These organizations will be linked to markets and service provides including financial institutions. Additionally, the Research Assistant will contribute to integrating apical cuttings into seed systems for farmers, principally in relation to marketing.
- Conduct training in business skills and entrepreneurship for potato based cooperatives, farmer producer organizations and youth groups and support them develop own business plans.
- Support implementation of the business plans.
- Support the potato business to access markets.
- Support the potato business to access financial and credit service providers to support their business plans.
- Support the potato business to develop group savings schemes for internal borrowing and investment.
- Participate in events to promote potato apical rooted cuttings.
- Work with county teams to promote and support cuttings technology.
- Support private sector development to produce and use cuttings.
- Collect and report all data from activities.
- BSc. or BCom. in Agribusiness, Business Development, Agricultural Development, or a related field, from a recognized University;
- At least three years’ experience in agribusiness development or a related area working with farmer producer organizations demonstrating capacity to strengthen cooperatives and other farming groups.
- Working experience with agri-business and market development and analysis.
- In depth understanding of the business/accounting capacities needed to develop farmers and agricultural cooperatives into viable businesses.
- Proven experience linking farmer businesses to diverse types of markets.
- Proven experience linking farmer businesses to financial institutions.
- Proven experience developing group savings plans within farmer group.
- Proven experience training farmers and cooperatives in business skills, specific experience with farmers involved in potato production as a business is an asset.
- Proven experience developing training program to develop numeracy capacities for smallholder farmers.
- Advanced level of MS Office.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in English.
- Fluent in Kiswahili.