Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department: ICT Services (ICTS)
Reporting To: Manager, ICT Strategic and Assurance Services
Basic job summary: To develop and keep updated project management methodologies and guidance to be used for ICT- related projects within ICTS and across the University. Further is to develop and drive mechanisms for the adoption of this good practises including setting standards and ongoing
monitoring of compliance to the same so that University ICT-related projects realize optimal value for the University and in a timely manner while ensuring risks is managed. In addition, it will involve supporting the propagation, monitoring and enforcing the wider ICT assurance framework across the
Duties & Responsibilities:
- ICT Project Planning Assurance: Support the design of project plans for ICT projects by ensuring identification and documentation of objectives including specifying timelines for the project milestones and following up to ensure projects progress well and are finalized according to set
deadlines and budget. It also includes ensuring estimation of the resources needed to achieve project goals, conducting risk assessment and implementation of risk mitigation plans.
- ICT Project Resource Management: Estimate resources for projects including staffing and budget to enable successful completion of ICT projects. Identify and select ICT project roles and suitable team members. Monitor the budget for ICT projects working with the project team. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- ICT Assurance Framework: As part of the team overseeing the University ICT process assurance function, help in setting direction and definition of the ‘what’ and the ‘how’ for all key ICT processes as well as their seamless interactions. This is to be done with an appreciation of IT industry best practise as well as academia and institutional evolving strategic & operational context. These processes include but are not limited to ICT project management, service delivery, incident and problem management, among others. It will further involve monitoring and follow-up to ensure resolution of any non-compliance.
- System Analysis and Design: Support the respective business owner/ department by working closely with respective ICTS teams to ensure proper gathering and documentation of functional and technical requirements for new systems or proposed change is a system and to translate this into
appropriate systems designs that fall within the established technology roadmap and have wellarticulated technical quality requirements such as meeting auditability and security standards.
- Project Coordination: Facilitate flow of essential project information among project stakeholders to enable effective communication. Document and communicate ICT project expectations to project team members and stakeholders with timeliness and clarity. Build and maintain working relationships with the project team and stakeholders. Provide information flow between the customers (internal and external), software development team, and other technical teams.
- Project Management Training and Sensitization: Enhance efficiency and effectiveness in project management practise in the University, by identifying gaps and assisting in training project teams on ICT project management. Develop training material and co-ordinate ICT project management training logistics. Ensure adherence to ICT project management practise through complete, current and properly stored documentation.
- ICT Project Delivery: Ensure project delivery by maintaining project calendar and milestones. Evaluate ICT projects’ outcome against objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. Document project scope, goals and deliverables. Identify project dependencies and critical path. Identify and drive process improvement throughout the University.
- Professional Development: Grow and maintain professional development by attending educational workshops/seminars/conferences, reviewing professional publications, establishing professional networks and participating in professional societies.
- Project Reporting and ICT Committees: Support decision making by formulating appropriate technical as well as managerial metrics and insights and using those to design concise and simple reports to apprise senior IT management, respective ICT Committees and/or business management on matters pertaining to the posture of ICT Security according to agreed schedule/cycles or on adhoc basis. This further involves being part of and actively contributing to applicable ICT Committees.
- Other Duties: Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Business Information Technology or related field from a recognized institution with a minimum of Second Upper qualification.
- Project management (PMP, PRINCE 2 etc.) and/or agile software project management methodology certification such as SCRUM Master
IT Management best practise certifications or training such as CISA, ITIL etc.
- At least 3 Years working experience in busy IT environment within the function of IT project delivery and/or IT process assurance.
Competencies and Attributes
- Thinks outside the box (creative);
- Analytical and pays attention to detail;
- Results – oriented;
- Works well under pressure,
- Team player;
- Problem solving focus;
- Good interpersonal & communication skills.
- Technical zeal;
- Strong time management, planning & organizational skills;
- Self-discipline and drive;
- High integrity and ethical standards
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrable proficiency in Java and other Programming Languages.
- Strong in project management and team leadership skills through exposure and experience in managing significant ICT projects
- Ability to scope projects, interact with people at all levels and across the entire organization, and hold others accountable for deliverables
- Good grip of project management tools
How to Apply
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you.
Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting the position on the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st February 2020.
Due to a large number of applications, we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be advised that Strathmore University is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires
payment of any money.