Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
To provide, prepare and brief pilots with timely, adequate, updated flight documentations and relevant information in compliance with the conditions and limitations specified in the AOC so as to ensure safe conduct of flights. Keep sufficient flight watch and monitor flight progress in accordance with Operational Manual and KCARs requirements.
- Prepare process and provide all updated dispatch documentation and information for readiness of flight crew briefings.
- Provide timely briefing to flight crew, in conformity with Company policy and Civil Aviation Regulations for safe operation of the flights.
- Provide Aeronautical Information Service (AIS) and meteorological pre-flight briefing for all crew departing from Nairobi and other stations where applicable.
- Advise Load Control on any payload status on the sector(s) to be flown to maximize payload.
- File all ATS flight plans with the relevant Civil Aviation Authorities and communicate any changes thereof in good time in accordance with legal requirements.
- Monitor all assigned aircraft for restrictive Operational MEL/CDL and plan flights considering the restrictions in consultation with the MCC.
- Ensure implementation of safety, security and emergency standards at all times.
- Ensure and maintain a healthy, safe and secure working environment in compliance with the relevant industry, regulatory and legislative requirements, company procedures, regulatory authorities and requirements of customer airlines.
In carrying out the above roles, the Flight Dispatcher shall put emphasis on the following tasks:
- Preparation and processing of flight plans for all flights departing from Nairobi and other stations as appropriate.
- Pre-flight analysis, interpretation and briefing of meteorological data and Notams to flight crew.
- To ensure that the flight complies with legal requirements specified by Air Navigation regulations, aircraft manufacturer’s and Kenya Airways operational policy specifications.
- To advice Air Traffic Services of route, flight level and times as required by them.
- To ensure that airfields nominated as destinations and alternates are suitable for each individual flight.
- To ensure that adequate fuel is carried on every flight as per Kenya Airways fuel policy.
- Have a Diploma in relevant field or University graduate.
- Must have a minimum of Grade C (plain) in KCSE or equivalent O’level certification.
- Must hold a KCAA Flight Operations Officer’s License.
- Must have worked in airline Operations Control/Flight Dispatch for at least 3 years OR undergone the KQ Pride Training Centre Flight Operations Officer’s Course and satisfactorily completed 6 months internship at Kenya Airways Operations Control Centre.
- Must be a team player and able to respond quickly to changes.
- Must be conversant with company route network.
- Computer literate.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their applications online.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.