Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a new State Corporation registered under Legal Notice Number 4 of the State Corporations Act Cap 446 of 25th January 2019 as a Level 6 Tertiary Hospital and is now operational offering specialized referral services in Accident & Emergency, Oncology, Renal, Trauma & Orthopaedics.
The Hospital is seeking to recruit the following professionals on a two-year contract, for the proposed Integrated Molecular Imaging Centre.
The imaging centre will be the first of its kind in the country and the region and will position the hospital as a Centre of excellence offering the whole spectrum of Oncology diagnosis and treatment in Kenya and the region.
The candidates sought are expected to be highly transformative and dynamic, self-driven individuals with a high degree of integrity, result oriented, demonstrable professionalism, competence and impeccable capability.
The Architect shall be part of a team responsible for leading in the construction of an Integrated Molecular Imaging Center involving the construction of the building infrastructure as well as the installation of highly specialized systems and equipment.
The Architect shall be part of the team responsible for the supervision of the project construction to completion.
Key Duties and Resonsibilities
i. Carrying out site planning and development to ensure that the project complies with zoning, environmental, and safety requirements, including regulatory and legislative requirements of both county and national Governments.
ii. Ensuring adherence to building standards and throughout the project, the project architect will also conduct site visits and reviews to ensure that these standards are upheld and correctly implemented at all stages of construction.
iii. Oversee and participate in development of production information to ensure that the contractors have all information necessary to build at the time of project award.
iv. Prepare and make presentations to relevant stakeholders including management, Directors and other staff
v. Participation in project review meetings
vi. Collaborating with other construction professionals in the project implementation
Qualifications Knowledge and Skills
a) Minimum level of academic qualifications required to perform effectively in the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from a recognized university.
b) Professional qualifications and Compliance required to effectively perform in the role:
- Registration with the Board of Registration of Architects and Quantity Surveyors of Kenya or any other Professional Architects Registration Board in the country of current residence
- Member of the Architectural Association of Kenya (AAK) or any other Professional Association.
c) Software Skills and Experience
- Proficient in use of the following software: Autodesk REVIT and BIM360 Design, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, SharePoint & OneDrive).
- Experience in Sketch Up will be an added advantage.
d) Minimum level of experience and knowledge required for the job:
- Minimum 5 years post registration experience as an architect in a busy consulting office or institution.
- Extensive experience in planning, design and construction supervision of projects.
- An in-depth understanding of construction procedures and project management principles
e) Soft skills required for the Job:
- Communication skills
- Writing and presentation skills
- Creative thinking skills and ability to solve problems
- Organizational skills
- Leadership skills
- Observation skills
- Analytical skills
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via http://www.kutrrh.go.ke/careersportal
or send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
For all applications please indicate the subject as follows: –
JOB APPLICATION – [JOB/ CADRE REFERENCE NUMBER]
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Tuesday 25th February 2020.
Detailed job descriptions can be accessed on the KUTRRH careers’ portal on the website http://www.kutrrh.go.ke
Persons living with Disability, Women, Youth, persons from minority and/ or marginalized groups who meet the requirements of the advertised positions are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
All shortlisted candidates MUST fulfil the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, and will be required to produce the following documents;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER