Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Programme Manager is responsible for the management and implementation of the AAS programmatic workplan to support research and research communication, including strategic management and implementation of capacity development to support researcher fellows and partner institutions. The position will manage and oversee the implementation of a portfolio of programmes namely the Human Heredity and Health in Africa (H3Africa), Database of African Clinical Trials Sites and Population Studies programmes.
- Postgraduate degree in human or medical genetics or genetic epidemiology from a recognized institution; A PhD is preferred
- Member of a reputable Institute of Scientific Research or relevant professional body.
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 8 years’ relevant experience in project management, 3 years of which should have been at the supervisory level;
- Significant knowledge and understanding of the scientific landscape and grants funding environment in/for Africa;
- Proven experience in leading a team and of direct line management;
- Experience of working with ethical and/or legal issues arising from genetic research
- Knowledge of Science Technology and Innovation landscape on the African continent
- Proven research leadership qualities and experience of carrying out key research work for priority health agendas.
- A proven record of research capabilities in human or medical genetics or genetic epidemiology research as demonstrated by peer-reviewed publications and other quality outputs.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in research/research leadership capacity development programme design and implementation on the African continent
- A professional qualification and relevant experience in large scale programme/project management or training in research administration, ethics, leadership or related will be an added advantage.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to foster and develop close working relationships;
- Excellent management and leadership skills; demonstrated ability to build cohesive teams, develop talent, and, achieve organizational goals through teamwork;
- Have enthusiasm, commitment to results with good planning and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills, presentational skills and ability to address public audiences;
- Good financial and budgeting capability
- Able to work in an international and multi-cultural setting
- High moral standing with impeccable integrity
All applicants must submit a filled application form here, curriculum vitae, and a cover letter submitted by email to email@example.com, with the Position and Vacancy Number as the Subject no later than March 4 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.