Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Gender Specialist will be responsible for integrating gender into policy, culture, service delivery and in other elements of programming. S/he will be responsible for implementation of activities related to the influence of gender norms and sociocultural practices on FP/RMNCAH, nutrition and WASH programming, including in the areas of prevention and management of SGBV. The position will require frequent visits to the project’s focus counties.
- Provide oversight to implementation and coordination of interventions for gender mainstreaming within project interventions.
- Provide leadership to develop tools for organizational gender audit and gender analysis at the county level.
- Provide leadership during implementation of gender action plan being guided by specific sociocultural contexts.
- Provide leadership in the design of gender and SGBV community sensitization activities through adaptation of existing BCC materials to transform norms.
- Lead the development and systematic implementation of monitoring and reporting framework for interventions in gender mainstreaming and prevention and management of SGBV.
- Build the capacity of HCWs on gender mainstreaming and integration targeting staff and partners as well as on SGBV prevention and management using a multi-sectoral approach.
- Provide leadership on program learning for gender-related interventions, including the development of scientifically and ethically sound research proposals and study tools, data management, advocacy plans and dissemination of research findings through multiple channels including abstracts for conferences and manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Lead the preparation of annual work plans and project reports on the gender element of the project as per donor regulations.
- Document and share with the donor and other stakeholders lessons learned during implementation of gender interventions.
- Master’s degree in social sciences, social work, public health or related field.
- At least 7 years of first-hand experience in gender mainstreaming and/or SGBV programming.
- Knowledge of current global and regional public health debates on gender interventions.
- Proven experience and skills in research and advocacy and writing high quality donor reports.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in a multicultural and matrix management environment with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
- Experience in solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send an application letter and CV, with 3 professional referees, to the following email address: HR.Kenya@jhpiego.org by 28th February 2020. Indicate how your education and experience qualifies you for the position.