Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Country Director the Operations Manager in the Kenya Country Office (KCO) serves as a member of the senior management team, with oversight responsibilities for all aspects of the KCO. This includes strategic financial and human resources management, efficient procurement and logistical services, security management, ICT and common services consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. The Operations Manager additionally serves as a key advisor to the Country Representative on matters of organizational integrity with the aim of ensuring: (i) compliance with UN Women policies and regulations; (ii) effective systems to support programme delivery and growth; (iii) accountability to organizational values and principles; and (iv) an enabling workplace environment in which staff potential is maximized.
The Operations Manager leads and guides the Kenya Country Office Operations Team and fosters collaboration within the team, with programme staff and with other UN Agencies and a client-oriented approach. The Operations Manager works in close collaboration with programme teams in the office, providing close guidance to programme staff who perform adjunct operations functions, ensuring that such staff are knowledgeable of rules and procedures governing programme finances, donor reporting, and personnel. She/he also works in collaboration with operations staff in other UN Agencies, UN Women Regional Office and HQ staff and Government officials to successfully deliver operations services.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, HR, or related field is required.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level, in office management, operations or finance;
- Experience in leading a team;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages, experience in handling of web -based management systems and ERP systems, preferably PeopleSoft;
- Experience of accrual accounting, IPSAS or IFRS is highly desirable;
- Professional background in programming/ projects management is desirable.