Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Grade “2” –
One (1) Post (Re-advertisement) –
Advert Ref: No. KWS/06/2020
Reporting to the Director General, the overall responsibility will be to ensure effective and efficient management of corporate affairs and compliance with enabling legal matters and other relevant legislations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Advising the Board and management on all legal matters.
- Ensuring that the corporation complies with statutory and other regulatory requirements.
- Representing the Service in Court and arbitrations as may be required.
- Coordinating all litigations in liaison with the Attorney General’s Chambers, Government Ministries and external lawyers.
- Safeguarding the corporation’s interests.
- Drawing and processing legal notices and other gazettement that are issued under the requirements of the Wildlife Conservation and Management Act.
- Preparing Board Business and maintaining proper records of Board’s proceedings.
- Keeping safe custody of Corporate Seal and security documents.
- Preparing and vetting of contracts and legal agreements.
- Coordinating the review of laws, by-laws and regulations relating to the Service.
- Supervising, appraising and ensuring appropriate training of staff in the Department.
- Performing any other duties that may be assigned by the Board and the Director General from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized institution
- Post Graduate degree in Law or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Strategic leadership and senior management training from a recognized institution
- CPS (K)
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- Membership with a relevant professional body
- Minimum seven (7) years working experience in a similar position and institution
How To Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should download the KWS Application for Employment Form on the website, fill and forward the same enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates, copy of ID card, detailed CV indicating work experience, current remuneration and employer, daytime telephone contact – both office and mobile, names, addresses and emails of two (2) referees to the address below not later than Monday 16th March, 2020 at 4.30pm.
Kenya Wildlife Service
P. O. Box 40241 – 00100
Short-listed candidates will be required to obtain and be in possession of the following documents at the interview stage:-
- Police Clearance Certificate.
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (Where applicable).
- Clearance from Kenya Credit Reference Bureau.
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
KWS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to implementing affirmative action. In this regard, youth, women, people living with disabilities and those from marginalized groups with requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Applications without relevant qualifications, copies of documentation/details as sought for will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.