Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Grade “6” –
One (1) Post –
Advert Ref: No. KWS/12/2020
Reporting to ICT Manager Service Delivery, the overall responsibility will be to develop and manage an effective website applications to meet user needs. In this role, the candidate should be detailed-oriented and an excellent communicator, balancing a creative eye with an analytical mind is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversing development, enhancement and implementation of internet technology projects.
- Developing and maintaining KWS website and Web applications.
- Maintaining KWS blogs (chat page).
- Update website content and review SEO
- Testing website and Web Applications across browsers, operating systems and devices
- Sourcing for relevant website information.
- Optimize loading speeds and capacity
- Managing third-party services for internet.
- Monitoring and implementing updates and upgrades for all web-based platforms.
- Managing Design quality and content of KWS intranet inclusive of user support issues.
- Ensuring correspondence generated by the web site are received and forwarded for action to relevant teams.
- Conducting continuous training for staff on intranet and the knowledgebase system.
- Regulating and managing access rights of different users on website.
- Creating and modifying appearance and setting of website.
- Enhancing security of website and web, backup and continuity.
- Integration with social Apps to generate traffic to the website
- Implementing online campaigns and internet promotions
- Monitor and analyse site performance (e.g. traffic, conversions)
- Ensuring the functionality and efficiency of web and mobile web infrastructure.
- Preparing relevant reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science or equivalent
- Certificate in Website development or equivalent
- Membership to ICT professional body will be an added advantage
- Three (3) years’ work experience in Software development with bias in web and mobile development related function
- 1+ years’ SDLC implementation experience
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Proficiency in modern CMS (Drupal, Word Press), Frameworks e.g. Bootstrap, Laravel
- Management of User interface and User Experience
- Experience with server-side frameworks such as python, ruby, PHP, Java, ASP, ASP.NET
- Working knowledge of website management tools
- Working Knowledge of Mobile App development both Android and IOS
- Attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to generate creative ideas
- Ability to create support documentation for all new applications
- Familiarity with web standards
- Working Knowledge of web analytics and SEO
- Proven knowledge of the most current security and web development programming languages
How To Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should download the KWS Application for Employment Form on the website, fill and forward the same enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates, copy of ID card, detailed CV indicating work experience, current remuneration and employer, daytime telephone contact – both office and mobile, names, addresses and emails of two (2) referees to the address below not later than Monday 16th March, 2020 at 4.30pm.
Kenya Wildlife Service
P. O. Box 40241 – 00100
Short-listed candidates will be required to obtain and be in possession of the following documents at the interview stage:-
- Police Clearance Certificate.
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (Where applicable).
- Clearance from Kenya Credit Reference Bureau.
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
KWS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to implementing affirmative action. In this regard, youth, women, people living with disabilities and those from marginalized groups with requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Applications without relevant qualifications, copies of documentation/details as sought for will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.