Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Pact’s Kenya office seeks to hire a Finance Assistant to be based in the Nairobi Office to provide an opportunity to put into practice the knowledge and experience they have acquired. The Finance Assistant will primarily be responsible for processing day to day payment transactions, making entries into the accounting system and maintenance of accounting records. This position reports to the Finance Officer based in Nairobi.
Functions and Responsibilities:
• Receive and examine payment requests supporting documents for completeness
• Process all approved advances and reimbursements on time and arrange for bank runs in coordination with the Finance Officer to ensure cash is availed to staff and sub recipients on a timely basis.
• Record invoices and liquidations into the accounting system
• Follow up on positing of captured invoices for timely payment processing
• Process all payment requests submitted from suppliers, partners and staff
• Maintain an unpaid invoices file and ensure all recurrent invoices and utility bills are paid • Record and update financial books of accounts with invoices, payments, receipts, and liquidations
• Record grant approved advances and liquidation reports into the accounting system
• Assist in preparation and recording of journal entries
• Reviewing of supplier reconciliation/accounts payable and ensure accounts payable are up to date
• Filing all financial documents to ensure all accounting records are up to date, well stored and easily retrievable
• Assist in the production of monthly financial reports
• Assist in extracting and organizing documents for audits
• Other duties as requested by the supervisor
▪ A Bachelor’s degree in commerce or any other related field
▪ CPA Part II
▪ Two years of experience in accounting/finance related field
▪ Detail oriented, organized and efficient.
▪ Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks.
▪ Maintain a high level of transparency, accountability and integrity
▪ Sound judgment, and ability to communicate and work effectively with others at all levels.
▪ Ability to work independently.
▪ Planning and organizational skills.
▪ Good interpersonal skills.
▪ Demonstrated integrity and respect of people and organizational values
▪ Reliability and commitment to learning
▪ Team player
▪ Good command in English both written and verbal
▪ Computer literate
How to apply
Interested applicants fulfilling the minimum requirements are invited to send their application letter and CV to email@example.com indicating “Finance Assistant – Nairobi” on the subject line. Deadline for applications: March 4th, 2020 by COB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.