Make a difference in how you apply for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW. Get a verbal C.V. critique better yet, get a new C.V. and see what a difference it makes.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Underwriting & Claims Manager, this role is responsible for establishment of scope and adequacy of insurance covers for all policies presented to the Bank particularly for Corporate clients.
- Independently carry out risk surveys or in liaison with Underwriters for properties/establishments/projects having Bank interest or insured through KCBIA.
- Achievement of the business targets by way of engaging the stakeholders and offering the requisite insurance support.
- Driving business diversification particularly through cross-selling based on the risk surveys
- Production of timely and comprehensive risk survey reports to enable sufficiently informed decisions for Credit and other stakeholders’ appraisal.
- Engage on complex and technical claims, negotiate settlement and review any underwriting gaps.
- Assessing risk levels on insured or properties proposed for insurance including but not limited to moral & physical hazards, claims history, any special perils and recommendations thereby
- Manage and ensure proper scope and sufficiency of insurance policies held by the Bank
- Develop and implement strategies to drive more insurance business through up sales and cross sales.
- Ensure business retention/acquisition by daily monitoring of expiring financed policies, ensuring advance renewal engagements, giving relevant advice and timely reporting
- Maintain an up to date register of all facilities with appropriate valuation/risk survey details at any given time and ensure timely revaluation/progress reports for projects
- Help in training all stakeholders and expend appropriate knowledge in identification of insurance opportunities from the Bank’s insurance registers
- Partnering with other professionals, keep up-to-date with technical/legislation aspects affecting risks e.g. trade processes, hazardous materials and environmental/sustainability declarations/treaties/legislation
- Conduct safety programs to staff and corporate clients on safety standards and regulations
- Analyse claims trends/feedback, engage on complex/technical claims in liaison with the underwriting/claims manager for high retention and attraction of new business
- Share and discuss survey reports with different stakeholders as and when required
EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Risk management related field from an institution recognized by Commission for University Education.
- Professional Qualifications in Insurance (CII/IIK) is required.
- Possession of a postgraduate degree, or relevant professional qualifications (CFA) will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Loss adjustments/Risk surveying for insurance purposes or insurance knowledge under a technical role from a reputable insurance player
- Knowledge of Insurance Industry commercial, statutory and regulatory dynamics
- Excellent Financial analysis and performance management skills.
- Proven Track record in delivering results.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 11th March, 2020
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Certificate of Good Conduct (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts