Make a difference in how you apply for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW. Get a verbal C.V. critique better yet, get a new C.V. and see what a difference it makes.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Description :
KBL operates within a multi-cultural, multinational, multi currency environment. KBL Supply comprises several Departments in Plan & Source, Make and Move. The Sensory and Microbiology role sits in the make function and is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring hygiene systems to prevent and control infections in the plant (Brewing and Spirits) as well as protecting the employees from Legionella outbreak. The role is also responsible for the release of finished products to the trade with the main aim of giving consumers the best quality products in a safe environment. This role works closely with the Site Manager, Head of Packaging, Head Brewer, Head of Spirits, Head of Engineering and Head of Logistics, Suppliers, Customer Service and Marketing department, Government officers and Beer OpEx Team
The Kenya beer market is very complex with many international and local competitors therefore requires a ruthless focus on quality gates at each stage of beer release and at the same time driving down the cost of goods sold.
It is critical that the company maintain high quality of water, Malt, barley, process aids and brands through effective Microbiological and sensory procedures in order to remain at the top in the market and satisfy the expectations and needs of the consumer at competitive cost.
Purpose of the Role
To prevent, diagnose and control beer infections by identifying and characterizing organisms across the entire brewing chain while achieving or exceeding the business targets for Quality, Cost, Delivery, and Safety as defined in the annual operating plan (AOP).
As a Sensory panel leader, run an effective sensory panel according to Diageo way of brewing standards, coordinate release of product to trade and guide the site on improvement programs required to improve the sensory quality ratings.
- Lead the implementation of the Mandatory Product and Plant hygiene standards in accordance with the DWB (Diageo Way of Brewing) and Food Safety Microbiological standards across the businesses.
- As a site Sensory panel leader ensures Quality and safe finished products are released to the trade by the leadership team and help in protecting our Brand image.
- Responsible for the entire yeast management at KBL site for effective Control of fermentation in brewing therefore minimizing process waste and maximizing on turn-around times and taking appropriate actions to ensure quality products are produced.
- Participate in the implementation of Food safety, Quality, Environment and Safety Management Systems according to FSSC 22000, ISO 9001, ISO14001 and BS 18001 requirements respectively.
- Lead the identification of risks associated with microbiology in the processes, mitigation actions and drive closure of identified corrective and preventative action.
- Participate in implementation of the Quality Strategy, manage risks associated with product quality in relation to Microbiology & Sensory.
- Support innovations of new product by providing the required support in all microbiology & sensory aspects.
- Delivery of site Quality Targets as aligned in the Annual Operating Plan.
- Monitor ‘Legionella’ risk on site and follow through mitigation actions with relevant departments on site.
Qualifications & Experience
Degree in Microbiology
- IBD (International Brewing qualification), preferably to Diploma level, detailed knowledge of Brewing, Spirits and Packaging processes and exposure with developments in Brewing Best Practice would be ideal
- At least Five years’ experience in Busy food Manufacturing Industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of ISO 9001, HACCP, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001, ISO 22000.
- Lead Assessor or auditor
- Excellent computer skills-applications related to MS office and internet
- Strong leadership & coaching capability, discernment skills and able to apply principles of change management
- Strong ability to manage budgets and costs – able to analyse financial and technical data as required and take the necessary consequential steps in the span of control.
- Be a skilled trainer and able to impart knowledge effectively