Make a difference in how you apply for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW. Get a verbal C.V. critique better yet, get a new C.V. and see what a difference it makes.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The job holder shall assist in looking after the various reinsurance arrangements including treaty and facultative reinsurance protection for all classes of business written by the company.
Assist in implementation of the company’s reinsurance programme based on overall company’s objectives and maintain a business relationship with the Company’s underwriting and finance department and with the local, regional and international reinsurance market.
- Assist in analysing the risks accepted and ensure risks are ceded properly.
- Assist in ensuring that all acceptances are protected by proper reinsurance arrangement on a back to back basis without any gaps in risks accepted and reinsurance protection availed.
- Obtain all necessary underwriting information required to place the risk in the local reinsurance market.
- Assist in arranging proper reinsurance protection as and when required.
- Place reinsurance directly to the market or through the broker whether on facultative or any other basis depending on the need of the situation.
- Assist in the administration of the reinsurance program.
- Ensure timely submission of closing and accounting documents as well as for settlement of premium recovery of claims from reinsurers.
- Ensure accuracy of reinsurance contract with reference to original terms at which reinsurance is accepted.
- Maintain efficient communication lines between the company and brokers.
- Prepare reinsurance underwriting and claims statistics on a regular basis and update the same at periodic intervals as per requirement.
- Review reinsurance payments/recoveries relating reinsurance premium, commissioning and claims.
- Premium adjustments and returns.
- Ensure prompt claims recovery.
- Liaise internally with other members of the team to ensure effective and efficient execution of client’s requests.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Delegated Authority: As per the approved Delegated Authority Matrix.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Business related University Degree – insurance preferred.
- Professional Insurance qualification, (CII OR IIK) – progress
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in life reinsurance and life underwriting field.
- Knowledge of Reinsurance Treaty, Facultative wording and Reinsurance Slips preparation a must.
Emerging Leaders in Britam need to:
- Plan, direct and apply efficiencies and resources in order to optimise output and profitability against time, cost and team targets;
- Effectively communicate strategic and operational departmental goals and objectives to peers and others in order to ensure proper implementation;
- Ensure that department priorities are adhered to and effectively communicated;
- Ensure competent and effective people resources through appropriate coaching, development and people supervision as appropriate;
- Embody a high performance, proactive culture;
- Effectively ensure the adherence to key performance areas, deadlines and goals in order to optimise operational effectiveness;
- Effectively communicate resource needs, possible opportunities and achievements to management in order to aid them in their decision-making;
- Effectively set and monitor priorities and objectives for more junior staff;
- Understand and communicate objectives in relation to the larger organisational impact;
- Effectively disseminate knowledge within the correct context, towards subordinates as well as management;
- Appropriately model the company values while setting the pace and energy for delivering;
- Effectively manage and communicate change within the department in order to increase staff and process effectiveness;
- Provide access to accurate and consistent information and services across all channels;
- Ensure a seamless experience for clients;
- Improve service delivery for clients;
- Engage in continuous brand building to become the trusted partners to clients.