Make a difference in how you apply for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW. Get a verbal C.V. critique better yet, get a new C.V. and see what a difference it makes.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Posting Title: Architect.
Department/Office: Apex Horn Contractors ltd, Office in Kenya.
Duty Station: NAIROBI.
Posting Period: 05 March 2020 – 20 March 2020
Job Opening Number: 01-Architect -APEX-1-A-NAIROBI (M)
Apex Horn Contractors ltd, Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity ,Organizational Setting and Reporting .
Architect – Nairobi, Kenya.
A start up in the engineering field, Building and construction is seeking to recruit the expertise of a good architect. He/she will be responsible for all phases of architectural work including planning and designing, the successful candidate will also be involved in new building designs, extensions, alterations, restorations and conservations from the earliest stages right through to completion of the project. The ideal candidate must have 3 to 5 years’ experience a similar position
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Control project from start to finish to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design.
- Take the “brief” needs and put together feasibility reports and design proposals and immediately report to the office director for further consultations before and after the complete design of the project.
- Develop ideas keeping in mind client’s needs, building’s usage.
- Produce detailed blueprints and make any necessary corrections.
- Compile project specifications.
- Keep within budgets and timelines.
- Ensure that all works are carried out to specific standards, building codes, guidelines and regulations.
- Cooperate with the structural engineer and report to the office director.
- Follow architectural trends and advancements and environmental impact.
- Strong understanding of Water and Sanitation design unit and budget as part of the overall Engineering Budget; Provide inputs to raise requisitions for the procurement of Water and Sanitation Unit budget as part of the overall Engineering Budget
- Proven working experience as an architect for 3-5 years.
- Strong portfolio to prove artistic skills
- Must have a practicing License
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Excellent drawing skills and familiarity with design softwares (3Ds Max, Piranesi, AutoCAD, AutoCAD civil3D, ArchiCAD, Revit).
- Strong imagination and the ability to think and create in 3D dimensions.
Competences and Professionalism:
- Shows pride in work and in achievements; Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise.
- Places team agenda before personal agenda.
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position.
Planning & Organizing:
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies.
- Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required.
- Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work.
- Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning.
- adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
- Uses time efficiently.
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in civil engineering/Architectural, can design and render with 3D dimensions any kind of buildings, strong understanding of water and environment Engineering, water resources engineering is an advantage.
- Relevant combination of academic qualifications and minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in Architectural/ with emphasis on building designs , residential and commercial is required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in the field of Architecting, experience with standard techniques and practices for designs and maintenance of various types of buildings.
- environmental and sanitation engineering or related field, is an added advantage.
- For the position advertised, fluency in oral and written English and Kiswahili is required.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Salary: Open depending on skills and experience
This position is located within the Apex Horn contractors ltd , Office in Kenya, Nairobi. The Architect reports to the CEO Director through the Kenya office director.