Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reports to: Branch Manager
Reporting to the Branch Manager,
The Personal Banker will have a holistic view of all accounts within his/her portfolio, using lead generation and account prioritization to cross sell Bank products and extract value from said portfolio whilst maintaining/ building customer relationship and account information.
- To ensure growth of Branch Middle Retail portfolio (NFI, deposits and assets) through the acquisition of new to Bank customers through the Retail sales officers and lead generation.
- To actively generate referrals to all business partners in the bank to help meet the comprehensive financial needs of entrepreneurs or borrowing entity.
- To ensure acquisition of customers to digital channels.
- To effectively manage and expand the relationships with existing Retail banking clients and bringing in new business from existing portfolio so as to ensure business growth and continuity.
- To Grow Middle Retail customer portfolio size (Product per customer, Non-funded income, deposits and assets) by deepening existing customer relationships.
- To ensure a clear retention plan for overall portfolio deposits and loans for the segment, to execute this plan in conjunction with the Branch Manager.
- To monitor account planning for all clients that will assist in advising on potential financial solutions based on identified needs.
- To advise customers of maturing fixed deposits for appropriate action and with the aim of retaining the deposits.
- To assist in Resolving client queries in a timely and appropriate manner.
- To assist in collaborating with product specialists, to deliver effective customer solutions.
- To Ensure Fulfillment of minimum customer relationship touch points – e.g. 1 visit every quarter and 1 call and email a month depended on customer segment.
- To Prepare and submit all reports that may be required by the management summarizing individual and team loan activity.
- To Ensure all customers are on-boarded on a digital platform i.e. GABPesa, Internet Banking.
- To Ensure Product per Customer of 3 across the portfolio.
- To have clear understanding of relationships, their life-cycles and the various product offerings that can be given to the customer.
- To evaluate credit proposals and ensure the credit applications process on a timely basis within the bank’s set turnaround times.
- Obtaining account opening documentation from new customers
- Opening of accounts for customers in the system and ensuring minimum required information is captured and customer is provided with a CIF number.
- Following up with customers in the portfolio for missing information
- Maintaining/ Updating customer data on parameters such as Business turnover/ directors details etc
- Prudently manage asset book and ensure minimum portfolio at Risk.
Qualifications, Experiences & Personal Attributes Qualifications Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field
- Experience in Banking and a good knowledge of bank products
- 3 year experience in managing clients
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Persuading and Influencing
- Planning and Organizing
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Networking skills