Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI is currently seeking to fill a vacancy for the Kenya Crops & Dairy Market Systems (KCDMS) Activity which is part of the Feed the Future program, America’s initiative to combat global hunger and poverty. In this regard, USAID is partnering with RTI International on a 5-year (Oct 2017 to Sept 2022) cooperative agreement – KCDMS Activity – to help increase agricultural production and reduce poverty and malnutrition in Kenya. The project will also spur competitive, resilient market systems in Kenya’s horticulture and dairy sectors. We seek to recruit a Data Management Assistant to be based in the Nairobi office.
Reporting to senior Database Specialist, the Data management Assistant plays a pivotal role of ensuring accurate, consistent, and quality data submission into MEL Database and support data cleaning, management and analysis exercise. The Data management Assistant will support data entry and management for Eastern region (Makueni, Kitui and Taita Taveta) as well as undertake database management assignments as directed by the Database specialist.
In addition, Data management Assistant is expected to contribute fully to the overall objectives of the KCDMS activity, conducting him/herself in a proper manner at all times as a representative of the program, and is responsible for the safe keeping and care of program assets assigned to his/her care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
- Support Database specialist in duties around database management. This includes.
- Support maintenance and update data cleaning R scripts based on adjustments in the data collection tools Support in conducting backchecks to ensure quality and consistent data submission into KCDMS MEL system, and database system level data quality assurance (DQA).
- Support in analysis of data for quarterly, annual and USAID FTFMS reports
- Support in Populating and verifying USAID GIS Data Forms as well as developing GIS Maps using QGIS
- Assist in Maintenance and updating of data collection guides, and, system and protocols.
- Work with Database Specialist and MEL Manager in supporting Field MEL team in field MEL activities. This includes Supporting grantees, and field staff in accurate data capture, management, and submission into KCDMS MEL database
- Work with Database specialist to conduct grantee visits as required, for troubleshooting database specific issues.
- Assist in periodic field level data quality assurance (DQA)
Support Eastern MEL Coordinator in conducting data entry into KCDMS MEL system.
- Support in populating data into TraiNet and other USAID databases
- Support in Update Annual Outcome Survey preparation, execution and reporting. This includes managing online based data collection platforms.
- S/he shall undertake any other assigned duties by the Senior MEL staff.
Qualifications and Competencies
- A bachelor’s degree in any quantitative field (Statistics, mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Actuarial Science etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of R, Python or Stata.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (Data Validations, Conditional Formatting, Lookups, etc.)
- Knowledge of SQL and working with remote Database is a plus
- Experience supporting administering and supporting Database users or any other online data system
- Organization skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks.
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision.
- Strong Data management and munging skills.
- Experience working with visualization tools such as Power BI and Superset, Tableau and Shiny.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RTI does not permit any payment requests demanded during any part of the hiring process. If such requests are made, please report it to the RTI Ethics Office via HRethics@rti.org. Any candidate making any payment will be disqualified from consideration for future employment with RTI.