Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the DigiFarm Kenya Ltd. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the General Manager, the position holder will be an advisor and will provide specific information to the business on the policies, regulations and governance pertaining to different value chains within the Agricultural sector as well as manage the extension and quality assurance services.
- Provide advisory services on policies and regulations implemented in different value chains within the Agricultural sector.
- Providing technical leadership and guidance on matters pertaining to both local trading and export certification, seed certification and plant variety protection.
- Provide advisory on pests and diseases that affect different value chains. Facilitate in identification of pests and diseases.
- Provide advisory on various standards & controls expected on various inputs e.g. seeds, fertilizers, chemicals etc required for different value chains
- Provide guidance on field inspections and audits for market compliance.
- Provide leadership in facilitating inspection of DigiFarm buyers for compliance to import and export requirements.
- Provide guidance and participate in inspection of containment facilities.
- Manage all extension services and quality assurance services
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture, plant pathology, biotechnology, entomology, crop protection, molecular biology, seed science, Horticulture, Agronomy, Botany or its equivalent from a University recognized in Kenya.
- MSC in plant pathology, biotechnology, entomology, crop protection, molecular biology, seed science, Horticulture, Agronomy, Botany or its equivalent from a University recognized in Kenya will be an added advantage.
- Five (5) years relevant experience in a similar or strongly similar role.
- Proficiency in Training & development facilitation, evaluation skills and techniques
- Basic understanding of the Kenyan market, subscriber preferences and subscriber trends
- Attention to detail with good organizational, planning, report writing and presentation skills.
- Proactive, confident, energetic with the ability to work under pressure, to tight schedules/deadlines and monitor and follow up on all actions taken.
- A highly motivated person with a positive attitude towards work
- Innovative, creative, results oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- A proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong awareness of market trends, competitive impacts and market opportunities
Note to Applicants
As part of the interview process, external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
- An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
- Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
- Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- University Diploma/Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from University in case you have not received your diploma/degree certificate.
- National ID/Passport.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.