Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Track all commodities form point of origin to destination, counting all commodities received and comparing counts to waybills and other legal documents.
- Ability to prepare timely, concise food request (SFP, OTP, and BSFP) and CP reports in line with donor format.
- Ensure file claims for loss or damages, detailing such losses and verifying their disposal according to the procedures or expectations of the donor and IRC management.
- Ensure accurate management of all 3-nutrition warehouses in Hagadera and nutrition programming to ensure safe, orderly, clean and vermin-free storage.
- Ensure inventory control is maintained and conduct at least biweekly physical inventories to ensure that losses are controlled in storage.
- Design, if necessary, and implement an orderly food, NFI, system for the controlled dispatch of commodities from warehouse under IRC supervision.
- Ensure that distribution plans are prepared to ensure the timely delivery of the required commodities at each distribution sites.
- Ensure complete lists of all program beneficiaries, including types, quantities and dates of entitlements received and reconciled with original consignments are accurately maintained.
- Ensure that distributions have occurred in accordance to the intentions of the donor and IRC, noting anomalies and taking swift action to notify the Nutrition Manager when abuses are suspected.
- Produce required weekly, biweekly, monthly commodity reports for submission to WFP and being available to prepare additional reports as requested by the Nutrition Manager.
- Represent IRC in Food Coordination Meetings as per donor calendar.
- Ensure all reporting deadlines are met, data updates from different operational areas are received and consolidated on a timely manner.
- Ensure commodity records are maintained in compliance with IRC standard policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Warehousing, M&E, or any related degree from a recognized University.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in Nutrition commodities programming and logistics, preferably within busy NGO context.
- Experience preferably with a busy NGO or a UN agency in handling of Food commodities, drugs dispatching and commodity tracking/accounting.
- Be a member of a professional body KISM/CIPS-UK.
- Knowledge of major donor regulations pertaining to commodities accountability and reporting.
- Experience in dispatch and logistics planning, warehousing, storekeeping, bookkeeping and computer knowledge especially spreadsheets and commodity tracking systems or statistics packages.
- Proven knowledge in computer packages and basic analysis skills especially with Ms Access, Excel and Word.
- Excellent planning, coordinating and implementing skills.
- Should be a problem solver and have good analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively establish good rapport and relate to donors, NGOs and counterparts.
- Strong report writing and team working skills.
- Ability to work in hardship areas (previous experience in a camp setting will be an added advantage).
- Please make sure to include copy of Certificate of Good Conduct in your application.