Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ZOA is a Christian international NGO, which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The work of ZOA is coordinated from Apeldoorn, the Netherlands. From Apeldoorn operates ZOA in multiple countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 900 employees worldwide.
ZOA is looking for a Manager of Operations South Sudan
As the conflict in South Sudan enters its fifth year in 2018, the humanitarian crisis has continued to intensify and expand. The compounding effects of widespread violence and sustained economic decline have further diminished the capacity of people to face threats to their health, safety and livelihoods. For 2018 there are up to 7 million people in need of assistance. Despite several international initiatives to negotiate a peace agreement, the crisis in South Sudan continues to deepen.
The Manager of Operations (MoO) will be based in Juba.
Your challenge (purpose of the position)
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a team responsible for dynamic and efficient management and control of all supportive processes in a ZOA country. This includes Finances, IT and Logistics.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
The MoO contributes to the strategic enhancement of Financial, HR, Logistics and IT processes and management. The MoO has a key role in the country management team and is often asked to deputise for the Country Director position. The MoO has been assigned with responsibility and holds delegated authority for:
- Contribute to the Country Annual Plan (CAP), with a specific task in preparing the corresponding annual budget and financial sections;
- Developing monthly, quarterly and annual financial management information at country level;
- Oversee the preparation of country annual accounts, in accordance with relevant legislation and regulations;
- Monitor finance compliance with internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations;
- Prepare and process the allocation of indirect costs to project budgets;
- Advise and support the Country Director and Programme Manager in the development of budgets of funding proposals;
- Ensure Terms & Conditions of supplier contracts comply with local legal requirements and ZOA policies.
- Implement IT policies and procedures in compliance with ZOA’s worldwide framework;
- Implement logistical policies and procedures in compliance with ZOA’s worldwide framework;
- Monitoring and evaluation of logistical policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain country specific policies and procedures in the fields of finance, HR management, security, logistics and procurement in compliance with ZOA global quality management framework;
- Maintain Country administrative manual (finance, HR, procurement) and ensure compliance;
- Monitoring of and support to programmes on processes and procedures related to finance, HR management, security, logistics and procurement.
The MoO supervises and periodically appraises the performance of staff reporting to the MoO.
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of ZOA;
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in financial management, auditing and/or HR;
- Command of English is essential;
- Experience in general management;
- Preferably cross cultural experience in a humanitarian setting;
- Preferable experience working with local partners.
- Result-oriented approach, initiates but also makes sure that initiatives come to a satisfactory result;
- Takes initiative to improve processes and procedures;
- Knows how to prioritize;
- Alerts the CD and Finance Director at ZOA Netherlands when financial problems, issues, risks arise including fraud;
- Flexible conduct;
- Customer-friendly attitude;
- Good communicator.
- Duty station is Juba, South Sudan.
- This is a non-family duty station with regular R&R.
- Regular travel in the region is required.
ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team and good benefits and remuneration that suits the charities sector.
Do you need more information?
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Mrs. Jacolien van den Steenhoven, HR Advisor, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. A written test can be a part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.