Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Kenya National Commission on Human Rights (KNCHR) is an independent National Human Rights Institution created under Article 59 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and established by the Government of Kenya through an Act of Parliament (the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights Act, 2011) and in accordance with the United Nations Principles relating to the Status of National Institutions (Paris Principles). KNCHR’s mandate includes furthering the protection and promotion of human rights in Kenya, acting as a watchdog over the Government in the area of human rights, and the provision of Leadership in moving the country towards a human rights respecting state. KNCHR fulfils its human rights mandate through five Directorates including: Complaints and Investigations, Research, Advocacy and Outreach, Legal Services, Regional Services and Corporate Services. The Commission has offices in Nairobi, Wajir, Kitale, Mombasa, Kisumu and Nyahururu.
Reports to: Head of Research and Compliance Division
Duty Station: Nairobi with occasional travel
This position is responsible for supporting the project toward enhancing the rights of persons with psychosocial disabilities and albinism in Kenya (‘The project’) under the Research, Advocacy and Outreach (Research and Compliance Division) of the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights.
- Assist in research on laws, policies and programmes on albinism and existing gaps
- Assist in mapping organisations of/for persons with albinism and of/for persons with psychosocial disabilities in Kenya
- Assist in organizing and facilitating meetings, stakeholder forums and other events aimed at achieving the objectives of the project
- Assist in the promotion of continuous and targeted awareness to the general public and all stakeholders on issues related to albinism and mental health including through use of new media
- Assist in monitoring health institutions that provide mental health services
- Daily record keeping and updating of accurate information related to the project, including financial information
- Report writing in relation to various activities under the project grant
- Respond to correspondences that relate to the implementation of the project
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences from a recognized university
- Demonstrable research skills
- At least 6 months experience in working on projects focusing on persons with disabilities
- Knowledge in monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage
- Solid organizational skills and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including report writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrable ability
- New media skills will be an added advantage
If you possess the above qualities, please submit your applications electronically through email@example.com clearly indicating the position, and the Ref No. on the subject line, together with a detailed C.V, names and telephone contacts of three referees, to reach us by 14th April 2020 to:
The Commission Secretary,
Kenya National Commission on Human Rights
Lenana Road, CVS Plaza, 1st Floor
P. O. Box 74359-00200