Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- AMBULANCE DRIVERS: (5 POSTS)
Terms of Service: One (1) year contract
Salary: KShs. 20,000/=
Duties and responsibilities
The Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Driving an ambulance to transport sick, injured, or convalescent persons.
- Assisting ambulance attendant to place patients on stretcher and loads stretcher into ambulance.
- Taking sick or injured persons to hospital, or convalescents to destination.
- Assisting in changing soiled linen on stretcher.
- Administering first aid as required.
- May assist to restraint violent patients if necessary.
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyre pressure, etc.;
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems;
- Maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned;
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle/Ambulance.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the immediate supervisor
Requirements for appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Posses a vilid driving Licence free from any current endorsement(s) for class (es) of vehicle (s) an officer is required to drive
- Have a First aid training Lasting not less than one (1) week preferably from St. Johns Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution.
- Knowledge and skill in driving to avoid sudden motions detrimental to patients.
- Full Knowledge of motorable routes within the county.
- Passed Occupational Trade Test III for Drivers
- Defensive Driving Certificate from the Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Those who have served in the disciplined forces will have an added advantage.
- Attended a Refresher Course for drivers Lasting not less than one (1) week within every three (3) years at Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution.
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from Kenya Police
- Candidates should attach ONLY relevant professional certificates, National Identity Card, professional registration card and practice licence where necessary.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity Cards, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during the interview.
- The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
- Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications via email to: email@example.com in the format;
- Position applied for as the mail subject
- Attach a zipped folder with the Application Letter, CV and other Relevant testimonials as outlined in roman (i) above.
so as to reach the undersigned on or before Friday 17th April, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
The Ag. Secretary/CEO
Makueni County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 49 – 90300