Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Are you ready to work in Somalia?
Do you have a strong understanding to Islamic banking practices ?
Our client seeks to fill a position of Chief Executive Officer.
Reports to: Chairman of the board of Directors.
Banks operations are guided by the principals of Islamic (or Sharia) law and Islamic economics.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) reports to the Board of Directors and will be responsible for the overall strategic and operational performance of the bank, and the successful development of bank growth.
S/he shall provide leadership to the executive team, which will comprise: The Head of Retail; the Head of Corporate; the Chief Operations Officer; the Head of Compliance; the Chief Risk Officer; and, Chief Financial Officer.
The CEO is invested with broad responsibilities and authority as per the bank’s Corporate Governance policy and Operational Guidelines.
Major responsibilities include:
- Interaction and management with Central Bank of Somalia
- Strategic Leadership: Implementation and achievement of the bank’s current and future strategic direction set by the board to ensure delivery of strategic and operational key performance objectives and outcomes, across all functional departments.
- Strategic Plan: Develop, maintain and operate in accordance with a strategic plan that the bord of directors agree upon. Develop lending platforms and financing relationships.
- Shareholder Liaison: Interaction with shareholders, to provide timely feedback to queries that may arise and increasing shareholder value;
- Strategic Liaison: Act as the bank’s senior liaison to external partners, clients and agencies.
- Develop strong working relationships with external partners, clients, and other agencies.
- Executive Leadership: The CEO will provide the mandate and leadership for the executive team to work in partnership across their operational groups, to lead and implement continuous improvements in business processes.
- Business Development: Develop new business opportunities and sustain valuable relationships with private and public sector stakeholders to ensure the bank’s business growth.
- Brand Equity: Enhance the bank’s brand awareness through building a strong marketing and branding plan.
- Audit, Risk, Management & Compliance: Ensure regulatory compliance and implementation of internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Understand and be familiar with International security protocols;
- Automation: Business automation to leverage technology and improve operational efficiency that will drive business growth.
- Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility: Ensure that all operational sectors are aware of, and abide by, corporate governance police and procedures.
Qualification and Experience
- A Master’s degree in Business Development, Banking, Finance or related and relevant experience in banking, finance and economics.
- A minimum of 10 – 15years work experience in banking or relevant financial activities; with a minimum of 5 – 7 years senior executive management experience in a commercial bank, where strategic management must be demonstrated.
- Must demonstrate a strong understanding and commitment to Islamic banking practices.
- Must demonstrate a strong understanding of Somali culture and the current dynamics at play in Somalia – particularly in Mogadishu City.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills with focus on securing strategic partnerships, business planning, people and financial management
- Demonstrate strong credit risk management and lending experience.
- Membership of a relevant professional body.
Interested and qualified candidates to submit their CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org , job title on the email subject Chief Executive Officer.
Indicate your expected gross salary.