Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to: Human Resource Manager
Location: Thika, Kenya
About The Role: Our client is a sensitive facility with high level security demands.
The Security Officer will be in charge of overseeing all security arrangements and provide supervision to security personnel (both internal and outsourced) within the entire factory.
This includes implementation and management of all security control measures designed to protect the personnel and assets of the organization on a 24 hour basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing day to day security management and operations within the entire facility;
- Handling all staffing issues like shift management, deployments and allocation of duties;
- Implementing staff management measures within the security department as well as skills development programmes to enhance professional capabilities;
- Providing technical expertise on security risks and their mitigation measure and the cost-effective delivery of security solutions;
- Liaising with other departments and relevant public and private security institutions on security measures and actions;
- Managing all security related incidents and taking relevant and timely action;
- Leading investigations on security violations in conformity to the relevant laws of Kenya without disrupting operations in a fair and objective manner;
- Considering security initiatives that can be executed collectively within the law and company policies;
- Making formal reports on security related matters and maintaining up to date periodical information on the same;
- Developing and administering the annual security budget and managing expenditure plans;
- Making recommendations on how to enhance security operations for staff and company assets;
- Perform other duties as may be required by the management from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ex- Police or military person with impeccable credentials and clearance;
- A professional tertiary qualification in Security management, risk management or an equivalent qualification;
- 2-5 years’ experience in a security supervisory role;
- Demonstrable leadership, interpersonal and people skills.
- Demonstrable ability to work with a multicultural workforce;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Proven track record of developing and implementing effective security SOPS and contingency plans;
- Excellent investigation and analysis skills;
- Impeccable communication skills;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Working proficiency in MS Office applications like Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- A valid driving license
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria and want to make a meaningful career move, apply by submitting your CV in confidence via firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly indicate your Current and Expected Salary in your application or CV.
Do not attach certificates and testimonials in your application.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 15th April 2020.
Due to time constraints and expected large volumes of applications, only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer.